PECO Energy / Disgusted and fuming with the service!

PECO Energy - www.exeloncorp.com

I made settlement on 9/26/07 - Wednesday

I called Peco a few days earlier concerning a lock that was placed on the gas due to the previous owner's lack of payment. A rep. told me to call the morning of settlement and it would be taken care of.

I called from settlement and stated that I would be done and at the house by noon on that same day. They said they would be there between noon and 5 pm to turn on gas and light pilot.

4:30 and no Peco. I call to confirm they are coming. They tell me that a field rep. was there at 10:30 that morning. I said impossible since I was still in settlement and told the woman on the phone that I wouldn't be there until noon and she confirmed that they would be on location between noon and 5.

I was told that they were there earlier and wouldn't be back in my location for 2 days until Friday. I have two small children and my wife and I are school teachers. We really need to take a hot shower. The woman on the phone told me that there is nothing they can do for me.

So they screw up and it is me that gets stuck with no hot water for 3 more days. I can't take off on Friday to sit around and wait for them, so it will have to be Saturday. The woman also stated that there wasn't a supervisor there to speak with.

This is simply amazing. I asked her if I didn't send a check for a few months and then said that I thought I did, would it then be their fault about not getting a payment? I highly doubt it.

This is a shame that I am starting a new account with this company and they are doing this to me and my family. I am typing this from my wireless internet which was turned on by a reliable company that showed up when they said they would.

I am disgusted and fuming about this. There isn't really a complaint area on their website so I guess we just deal with getting screwed by them.

Va

Comments

12th of Nov, 2008

Peco has to be the worst company ever created. I wish I could get power somewhere else.

• Pe
      30th of Jul, 2010

To All,
    I would like a discription of the Intangible Transition Charges that appear on my
    PECO bill.
    I called and spoke with a PECO rep and she explained to me that about 10 years ago
    when the deregulation took place that a Transition Charge was placed on the bill
    to offset the transition of the deregulation. I am sorry, but are you telling the
    public that you are still transitioning 10 years later. This is stated as a
    Intangible cost, ( which in the dictionary means it cannot be defined) .
    Well, I for one am demanding the need for this cost.
    My electric bill was high due to the hot weather, which I totally understand but
    $ 77.00 added to my bill for transitional charges.
    The PECO bill would be acceptable without the transitional charges.
    PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS CHARGE TO THE CUSTOMER'S SATISFACTION
    PECO Customer in Good Standing
    P. E.

• Pe
      2nd of Aug, 2010

I have you beat. I moved into my new apt and put the electric in my boyfriend's name. Before hanging up I said if I need to call to discuss the bill, will that be ok and they said they would list my name on the account. The first month in my new apt. I get a bill over $4000! Apparently, somehow there is an identity theft issue and they are transferring service to us from Chester PA. I have been dealing with this for 6 months and every month they turn off my electric. I spend at least 12 hours a month dealing with insensitive PECO CS waiting for the only decent person to turn back on my electrity...only to wait for the next month. I have done everything possible, nothing works. They now tell me I am responsible for this amount since I put my name on the account. I am at the point where moving is the only option.

• Th
      10th of Dec, 2010

good afternoon to all, this is Mr. Tony Bennett and it is very pathetic as to the business practices of companies like Peco and PPL who have monolopilized and taken advantage of their customers for many years. There is no loyalty or respect and now there is a change. Ignite is the new cat in town and we are powered by Stream Enegergy out of Texas. We are not in Three states Georgia, Texas, and now PA - Our rates are . Call much...much lower. We are seeking customers to switch over and business reps... Lets's Make a Change ! Call me at 267-324-7456 or email me at theothertonybennett12@gmail.com, theothetonybennett@gmail.com or tcmprez@gmail.com anytime

15th of Dec, 2010

i have 3 small kids paid my bill on time and just recently overpaid my bill its 10 days before christmas and they cut my wire due to a hazardous box, so in the mean time me and my small children are in our apartment with no lights or heats and its below freezing ive called numerous times and they told me theres nothing they can do until my apartment gets inspected which can take up to 45 days excuse my language but thats [censor] now my kids cant have heat nor a christmas..so with this said peco sucks and are heartless people

• Go
      14th of Jan, 2011

i have a few exemptions for a 60 day extension so you can sort your bill out.

• Tb
      7th of Feb, 2011

please email Tony Bennett of ignite and I can assist you theothertonybennett12@gmail.com www.tonybennett.igniteinc.biz

• Ci
      1st of Oct, 2012

I am also a disgusted peco customer. I had a fall accident, leaving me barely walking. Peco never sent me a shut off notice, (they claimed they did, not true). They shut off my electric early in the morning. I called them and told them I've been injured, I paid my past due amount, with a $75.00 reconnect charge tacked on to it!! Then they told me I had to wait 24 to 72 hours to have them reconnect it!!! I told them again, of my serious medical condition, they told me I had to have my doctor fax them of my health issues. I told them I am very unstable, and with the medications I'm on, I can not be without power in the evening. They told me I was approved of "medical necessity", however, they still tell me it could take up to 24 hours!!! I will be in the dark this evening! And they will not credit me my $75.00 "restoral fee"?!?! I will be contacting an attorney about this!!!

• Tb
      1st of Oct, 2012

I would not only leave them for another company but also file complaints with the better business bureau and attorney generals office

• Ze
      28th of Jan, 2014

I have been experiencing power surges and it has done quite a bit of damage to my home. PECO has been very cavalier about the entire situation. After severals calls for service/attention and multiple trips to my house, tjeu have done nothing. One person claimed to be putting something on to monitor for power surges and outages and (while I had this once before and the apparatus is rather sizeable -- about as big as a portable car battery charger ) there is nothing visible. I called the man Jim Bork (not sure of the spelling of his last name) that was supposed to install this "thing" twice and inquired as to the whereabouts of it. I haven't received a return call. So I called the PECO supervisor, Yvette Arrington, who was allegedly taking care of the matter and she said she was in a meeting and would call me back in 10 or 15 minutes. I'm still waiting. My theory is that PECO is fully aware of the surges and their cause and they don't want to do anything to formally document them because they already know (as I told them) that they have don't a lot of damage to my home. The first surge blew out my heating and air conditioning system in zone two of my home; blew out my garage door opener, a light at the top of my house that is on a motion detector, some under cabinet lighting in my kidtchen, damaged speakers, and fried several light bulbs. The second surge blew out the receptacle in my room. My husband and I both lost a days pay having to wait for PECO and then be available to turn the power back on, etc. I was so frightened that my husband and I - with our dog - sat in our car in freezing temperatures in the middle of the night stupidly thinking that PECO would actually be responding to the emergency. They didn't show up until at least 6 hours later and our electrician was already there and had already confirmed the problem. This is a nightmare and I'm scared all the time. PECO could care less.