Paypal / unauthorized charges

Any sellers that used paypal to receive payments, should check their account very closely, as paypal can reverse the payment you have received and then leave it on held for ever, and when I contacted them, they claimed that it is a system 'problem' and therefore if you do not keep a close eye on your paypal account, paypal could held your money for ever, and you might not even know they are doing so, because the transaction might not show up in the dispute/resolution log. They even keep holding my $$$ when their system closed the case and 'claimed' the $$$ on hold was released back to my account, and should be available for my used.

How can the self proclaimed 'largest processor of payment on ebay' which handled billions of $$$ in transactions had a stupid outdated system like the one they have?

I beat if paypal done that to me, they would have done the same thing to other sellers.

Lawyers out there, you should look into this and clearly paypal not only violated banking laws, possible other laws, when they illegally held others $$$ and avoid to pay the interest on the $$$ they are holding.

In my case, they are not paying interest, on $$$ they claimed they have released back to my account and available for my use.

St

Comments

• De
      11th of Sep, 2008

Since using my credit card once on paypal, I keep getting emails saying I have purchased other items. These other items and research was not authorized. I will keep monitoring these items.
    But feel that everyone should be careful. I have not entered my account information again,

• Ri
      24th of Dec, 2008

I Sold a bunch of surplus computer supplies on eBay, and I only ship to a confirmed address. PayPal stated that the address was confirmed, and user verified, and I was eligible for Seller Protection. Well I shipped the item w/ Signature Confirmation and buyer claimed he never got it. PayPal found in favor of the buyer as they do 99.9% of the time (even though I had proof of delivery). The buyer then took the money he made in this scam and closed hi eBay and PayPal accounts, as well as his e-mail account. PayPal told me that since his account is close I'm no longer eligible for Seller Protection, and need to contact the buyer to receive my money. This is ridiculous that PayPal cannot find any way to guarantee me my money. This event sets me bacy almost $150 dollars that I had to take out of my profits and give to the owner of these items as this was a consignment sale.

• He
      6th of Mar, 2009

Paypal decided to relieve me and my partner of $624.46 on the 16th Feb, 09, it has taken me nearly 4 weeks and jumping through hoops to try and prove to them that I had nothing to do with this deduction from our account, I have been made to feel like an idiot, because the Yank chicks you speak to talk so fast that you cant even understand them, then just talk over the top of you.

Some Yank Kevin V. we will call him, decided to set me up some WoW account, now after checking on the internet WoW is a game like Dungeons and Dragons see Im 42 and thats the closest I can come too, all played on the Internet, yeah I'd be into that, NOT.

How can this happen, that your money is not safe in your Savings account, Im not saying my Bank has a lot to answer for, but they showed me the paper work from Paypal saying it was a Direct Debit and they had already tried to steal $702.50 two weeks before, so I got charged $80.00 from my bank for overdrawn account, I have spent a total of 5 hours and 42 minutes, ringing a 1800 number and being on hold, cos thats supposed to calm you down, well i just got more p-ssed off, I have contacted the Age paper, they want to do a story once it resolved, I don't think so. I want to bring Patpal to there knees.

I work at Griffith University on the Gold Coast as a Chef so I have told all the kids to not get mixed up with this company, I have posted signs all over campus, and I will do what ever I can to stop anyone using this complete scam of a business.

• Ol
      13th of Feb, 2010

PayPal must have some one inside to gain access to your personal information and begin all this illegal stuff. It seems they sell your personal information to fraud companies who call people even elderly people late at night while they are sleeping. PayPal desperately needs Federal FBI investigation. I would NEVER recommend that company to anyone, too much fraud connected with them. BEWARE !!!

• De
      26th of Aug, 2011

take it up with the ombudsman ...
    that will set them straight ... !!!