Paypal / fraudulent electronic check transactions

Phone: 8882211161

Urgent information about fraud!!!

I have a paypal account and some company using the name paypal is fraudulently submitting electronic checks to my bank account. They have been doing this since september and I just realized it today. The fraudulent transactions are listed as paypal des. Valid paypal transactions are listed as paypal des and I never realized that until today. As far as I know someone or company is hacking into paypal accounts obtaining checking account numbers and doing electronic checks again mine and possibly your account. Again these fraudulent electronic check transactions will show up as paypal des with varying id numbers. They are also using the paypal number of [protected] as the company number to call in reference to the transactions.

Please check you bank statements closely to verify that the same thing is not happening to you. You may also want to remove your checking account information from your paypal account as I have done. Please protect yourself! You do not want this to happen to you!

Comments

Va
  18th of Oct, 2006
Paypal - PayPal empty promises

PayPal advertises on eBay if you buy something and use PayPal for your purchases that they will give you a buyer protection. The buyer gets protection from sellers that sold items Significantly Not as Described or items not received. They advertise that buyers are protected up $1000.00 in purchases made on eBay. I bought a hot tub (item number 180020395164) on eBay and paid for it with my pay pal, but when the hot tub was delivered it was defiantly significantly not as described. I filed a dispute with pay pal to either resolve this issue with the seller or pay me the $1000.00 protection that they advertise. And all I get is a bunch of emails saying either the case has been closed or I must resolve the issue myself with the buyer.

Pe
  10th of Nov, 2006
Paypal - Disinterest in problems

I have had numerous arguments with Paypal. They never read or respond to email. They give all kinds of excuses why you have the problem and not them. They then bounce you from department to department until you get so confused you give up. And when it comes to paying that $1000 dollars for "product protection" forget it.They are so worthless it isn't even funny! And then they have the nerve to charge these outrageous fees. As far as I can see, they are a true Scam!

Gi
  22nd of Nov, 2006
Paypal - Money scams!

In October of this year pay pal charged my bank card a total $1982.00 we never knew anything about the charges untill we got our statments the first of November,We called them and they said the account was set up in my name with all my correct info,the only problem i never set up the acc. so i got scammed but not just once this was done 3 different times the month of October,We have a very small christian Family Bussiness that our whole family works at restoring older furniture,This money was stolen from this Bussiness acc. We work very hard and have 4 sons that get there income through this bussiness and we could not even make payroll for them because of lack of money in the account,when pay pal was told of the story they replied to my husband over the phone that everything was all set up in my name but I know they have to have some kind of record to what happened to that money if something was ordered or if the money was taken from this account and transfered to another or what i know nothing really (NOTHING) about pay pal or Ebay and if I ever set up ant kind of account with them it was done by ordering from some other place and getting redirected into there path for tranactions but i never ever ordered anything costing this kind of money and would not do that over the internet if i were going to make a purchase of somthing costing that much it would diffently be in person, in a store with a real person and knowing if any problems were to be with what ever the purchase maybe costing that kind of money that i could bring it back for refund or credit to account or exchange but on this case i never set up a account or made any kind of purchase and to my best knowledge i never even looked into ebay site and i really dont even know what pay pal is. You see i did not even know how to turn on a computer untill about 2 years ago when i got the first one i ever used for christmas, it took me a month to figure out how to get online.So i am not real computer smart and someone took a big advantage of me but I have some great friends at church that is a lawyer and a probate judge ,I really did not want to get them involved with this whole issue but if the matter of the $1982.oo is not resolved very soon i will and latter we also found that another card was used not to make purchases on the internet but different resturants,I don't understand how this person is doing this because we have our cards and they have never left our hands and no one else is authorised to use them and they would have to have the pin no. someone anyone Please help me our whole family is at need of knowing what and how to do this we did cancel out these cards, and the legal dept. at the bank has been notified. But they have said they will investigate to see if a provisional credit can be giving so these boys can get paid for there labor in october and one of these sons has a handycap physical problem and has not any kind of supplement income like dissability or anything i tried when he was a teenager to get him of a dissabilty program of any kind of assistance but he was turned down so we never tried agin and as long as he is able to he will work with his father everyday.He said mom, as long as i can get up and go i will work for my money and when the day comes that i am not able to get up aand work well then we will go back and reaply. But his health is getting worse with age and he needs to be on ssdisability because he truely deserves it but alot of folks get it that don't need it and that is why it is so hard for the ones that do need it (can anyone offer advise on this also) Thanks for all your help and intrest, May GOD in Heaven Truely Bless You This Day. Gigi

Ju
  23rd of Jan, 2007

I was ripped off too by pay pal and agree with everything you say!

Something needs to be done about this dishonest company!!!!

Me
Paypal - unautherised withdrawl

paypal made 2 withdrwls from my bank account toltaling 226.82 and just kept it and did not pay anything with it or tell me about it and they show no record of it. The only way I found out was my bank statement and as of now a month later after talking to everyone and fileing claims they still have not returned my money. Is there anything you can do to help me.
Merry

Jo
  20th of Oct, 2007

Be persistent! Call, e-mail, and fax them until the matter is resolved. Don't forget to report them to the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org)! If you have proof of what they did, you can take them to small claims court. They will settle quickly if it was their mistake, because they don't need the bad press.

Jo
  20th of Oct, 2007

If you had the proof, take them to court! Others will join you in your case!

Al
  12th of Dec, 2007
Paypal - Stealing funds from bank acct!
Paypal, Inc.
Omaha
Nebraska
paypal.com

Paypal not only froze my account for over a year and a half, keeping my money, but now they not only stole my money from my bank AND my paypal account, but they're also stealing money from my buyers now! A buyer claimed he didn't receive the item I sent him, even though I have a valid tracking number and EVEYRTHING to PROVE it, but paypal automatically went in the buyer's favor and stole the money off of me and gave it to him! Now, I'm out over $900, with overdraft fees, but I'm also out of an item! While, the buyer is $900 richer and has a free pair of diamond earrings!

Go
  12th of Dec, 2007

IF you sent out diamond earrings, why didn't you insure them AS well as send it registered with a signature required for pick up? I had a seller send me a tracking number as well - 3 months later it's still not showing anything, YET the seller screamed I received his shipment as well. Tracking numbers really don't mean anything.

PayPal does screw up and they have hurt a LOT of innocents, but you must protect yourself if selling OR buying on eBay.

Ja
  22nd of Mar, 2008
Paypal - $18.50 owed to me!
Phone: 888-221-1161
www.paypal.com

I am a merchant that uses PayPal's eCommerce (shopping cart) software and also use PayPal for processing the transactions.
I have a complaint against PayPal. I have lost $18.50 in a transaction due to a malfunction in PayPal's eCommerce software. I have an email from Billy, a supervisor in PayPal's call center, which acknowledges that there was a problem in PayPal's software which caused me to lose $18.50 in shipping and handling fee because it was added to the total amount invoice to the customer and not collected, even though the eCommerce software has worked properly for all other transactions over the past 7 years. I can provide the email from PayPal acknowledging the error in their software, yet they want me to collect the unbilled shipping fee from the customer instead of taking responsibility and paying for the shipping fee from PayPal's coffers.

My complaint was escalated to a person at the corporate office whose name is Gabriele. My conversation with him did not go well. At first, he said he would prepare a ticket for tech support to investigate whether or not there was a temporary problem at PayPal on how a transaction was executed but when I requested him to speak with Billy, too, who is a supervisor at PayPal call center, Gabriele got irritated and said he will not do that. I asked him why? He replied because that's his wish. He then changed his mind about investigating the problem further and decided to close the case.

I called PayPal again and was told by a representative that the case had been closed and there is nothing further PayPal is prepared to do.

Sa
  22nd of Mar, 2008

I completely agree. PayPal is a very dishonorable and an arrogant company. It's only a matter of time before another company like Amazon.com will clean PayPal's clocks.

19th of May, 2008
Paypal - They held my money for 3 weeks after sale
www.paypal.com

PayPal held my money for 3 weeks after the sale of an item I sold on Ebay. PayPal gave me the run-around on 3 different times. So I filed a complaint with the State Attorney General Office where PayPal is located. I got my money in short order after that! PayPal is owned by Ebay and they had better get their act together real soon or a lot of people across the country are going to have bumper stickers that tell the whole story about Ebay and PayPal. It will not good public relations for Ebay or PayPal. That may become a fact!!!

3rd of Jun, 2008
Paypal - Terrible service
www.paypal.com

I have been using ebay and PayPal for quite some time to earn extra money, here recently I listed a Dolce and Gabbana handbag and sold the item to an individual in IL, this person paid for the purse shortly after winning the auction. The next day I sent an email to the person to let them know the item had been shipped and I was tracking it, she then files a dispute with Paypal, saying she had not received the item. PayPal freezes the funds in my account for the purchase ($108.00), this was on 5/19/08. I sent an email to PayPal to let them know the item had been shipped and was in route to the customer. I have not heard back from them, I have since sent two additional emails and the only thing I have gotten from PayPal is a note saying we are still trying to determine if the customer received the item. By my tracking with shipping service she received it on 5/21/08. This is currently 6/2/08 and they can not seem to find the answer.

I have been ripped off by the customer and PayPal, she has my expensive handbag and they have my money. I have filed a complaint with the BBB, to see if that will do any good. I think if I do not here anything within the next 2 1/2 weeks, I will have to file suit against the customer and PayPal. How are they allowed to get away with this? Is anyone else having the same problems with them? What can be done? PayPal claims to provide seller protection, however that is not the case at all. They could care less, they do as they please and get in no hurry to resolve a simple case.

Beware of PayPal, if you don't want to be ripped off, stay away from them!

Ri
  13th of Jun, 2008

I have tried several time to pay on my account, they return my payment and there is no reason, just to charge me more interest and late fees... I am tired and want them stopped. This is a real rip off... I made three payments all were good, then returned charge late fee...

Pa
  1st of Jul, 2008
Paypal - Do not apply my payments

4/28 internet check 483.58 deposited ok,
5/30 internet check 325.66 was received but not applied to my account,
6/12 internet credit 325.66 - retd to my account,
6/23 internet check for 538.68 recd. by paypal but not applied,
6/27 paper check #3801 mailed to paypal amount 702.45. Not applied.

My credit is being tarnished and I am being charged late charges and interest. Please don't suggest I call paypal. It is like talking to a kindergartner. I retired from GE after 37 plus years and I know they do not approve of this kind of sloppy work. I was mortified at the number of complaints that were similar to mine. I think my checks are probably lying in someones desk drawer. The first one was applied and the others were not. Since all of them had the same info, what does that tell you? Please let me hear from someone who will take the time to straighten this out.

Thank you.

Sa
  10th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Pay Pal gat a refund from a company about 10 days ago, and I still wating for Pay Pal to place My money back in to My credit Card account.

21st of Aug, 2008
Paypal - Fraudulent fee
Paypal
paypal.com

On Dec. 13, I received over $1, 600 via Paypal -- payment was late and I had agreed to have it paid via Paypal rather than sent by check.

Upon accepting it on the Paypal website, I was informed that I would be charged 4.9% plus $0.30, unless I changed my account to Premier --and then the charge would only be 2.9%, plus $0.30. I naturally changed my account... to find that I was charged $80.34 for that transaction! -- I attempted to reach Paypal (there was no phone number I could see anywhere), I sent them 2 emails which, so far, have remained unanswered.

Not only is this fraudulent, since Paypal doesn't hold true to what they present, but $80.34 for ONE TRANSACTION is tantamount to usury!

I intend to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and to terminate my account with them.

To
  22nd of Aug, 2008
Paypal - Holding Money
paypal.com

I am very dissapointed with my paypal service. I dont know what gives them the right to withold my recieved payments and expect me to ship the items! I generally will only ship items once payment has been recieved. I was never told prior to receiving payment that my payments were going to be held. If I would have known this I would have certainly used a more reliable form of payment other than Paypal. I Shipped the items anyway and even after they have been recieved my payments are still being held. I appreciate they are trying to protect buyers interests... however as a seller I have given up my goods and not recieved payment! I am pretty sure ebay is breaking some form of rule or law and I intend to follow up with this and will be posting my experience on various boards. This is rediculous!

29th of Aug, 2008
Paypal - Online scam
paypal.com

PayPal has refunded my buyer even though received my merchandise as sold through ebay. I shipped to the address as provided by customer through ebay and it matched the confirmed address on PayPal. I am so angry and have lost over $30 and this woman has my daughter's clothes.

Beware of PayPal. They can decided to refund money at any time even though the item has been shipped and you have proof the buyer has received. PayPal needs to be exposed and all who sell on ebay need to find other ways of taking payments.

La
  2nd of Sep, 2008

Paypal needs the feds to step in as they are acting like a bank while not giving the protection they advertise.

Its one HUGE money laundering site.