Passport Office, Ghaziabad / Passport Status not known

1 India Review updated:

I had applied for my passport in July 2007. The Police Verification is done.
Now, from the last 1 month in status it is showing "Application has been transferred to policy section. Please see the PRO"

What is this policy section and PRO?

My Application number is Z161213-07 and DOB 06/01/1984.

I mailed the concerned person, but no replies.
Even the 4 phone numbers they have given on website are of no use as no one picks the call.

Please Help!!

Comments

• Mr
      30th of Jan, 2008

I had applied for my passport in november 2007. The Police Verification is done.
    Now, In status it is showing "Application has been transferred to policy section. Please see the PRO" . what is this PRO?

• Ni
      15th of Feb, 2008

Dear Sir,

I Nivedita Singh applied for passport as per following details and yet to receive the passport:

name : Nivedita Singh
    file no : Gzba028190-07
    application date : 11.12.07

The Police Verification is done.
    Now, In status it is showing "Police Report has not been received". I need it on an urgent basis.

I hope for immediate reply

Regards

Nivedita Singh

1st of Nov, 2008

I had applied for my passport in May 2008. The Police Verification is done.

What is this policy section and PRO?

My Application number is A020497-08 and DOB 28/05/1984.

1st of Nov, 2008

I had applied for my passport in May 2008. The Police Verification is done.
    What is this policy section and PRO?

My Application number is GZBA020497-08 and DOB 28/05/1984.

• De
      2nd of Nov, 2008

PLS. UPDATE MY PASSPORT STATUS AS SOON AS POSSOBLE.

MY NAME DEVENDER
    MY FILE NO. a03705008

• Su
      3rd of Dec, 2008

i appiled my passport in oct 23 2008 now message is flash "Application has been transferred to policy section. Please see the PRO" .
    what is meaning of it

• Aa
      13th of Jan, 2009

I (Aarti Shakya) applied for passport as per following details and yet to receive the passport:

name : Aarti Shakya
    file no : Gzbz001683
    application date : 27.10.08

The Police Verification is done.
    Now, I am not able to access in my internet account please provide me status of my application.

I hope for immediate reply

Regards

Aarti Shakya

4th of Aug, 2009

Dear, Sir/Madam

My Name is Rahimuddin Khan, I belong to Aligarh-U.P. but now I am working in Saudi Arab since 2007. I applied passport for my Wife & Kids on 12-11-2008 and my wife passport file no. GZB-A042974-08 & my daughter fine No. is GZB-C009958-08. But till now I have not got my family passport but still the response is same "Application has been transferred to policy section, Please See the PRO". All the Police inquiry etc. had already been completed & my brother has been met personally 3-4 times to PRO, Ghaziabad. You are hereby requested to kindly look into the matter and do the needful.

Thanks & Regards

Rahimuddin Khan
    KSA-Jeddah
    Mob: +966533481319

• Va
      6th of Dec, 2010

hello everyone

most of your posts tell us that you need to meet the public relations officer(PRO). so go to the passport office and there is a reception desk. tell them your problem and file no. they will tell you to wait in a line or give an appointment to meet the PRO. Tell him (very confidently) your problem and ask him the solution. but before you go inside try talking with people there, they may have visited the PRO more than once . The most crucial thing is decide one answer to tell which is the best option and which could easily convince the PRO.this option may be regarding the permanent address or where you live at present. the answer should not clash with the matter in the application.
    so dont worry . be positive

• Re
      4th of Jun, 2011

I had applied for my passport on 201o..but i haven't got my passport till nw...
    i enquired in the internet...the web says Your application has been transferred to the policy section.Please see the PRO
    so what it's the next step i have to do to get my passport...please help me...i m in need to get my passport immediately...
    Thank you.