Panasonic Viera LCD TV TH-L32C3 BUNDLE / Item paid but later declared out of stock and then refused to issue an immediate full refund

50 Jupiter Street, Makati City, Metro Manila, Philippines, Philippines Review updated:
Phone: (02) 858-0760

My son spotted an LCD TV with a price tag of Php 5, 999.00 from their website and he bought the item April 15, 2012 paying with his PayPal to which their system accepted the payment. He followed up the next day on his purchase and the customer support told him that they are processing the item, and again followed up on the third day April 17 and customer support of LAZADA said the will be shipped tomorrow which should be the 18th of April. The next day my son was surprised to get a phone call from an unknown cellphone number saying he was a rep from LAZADA and that they wish to inform him that the item was already "SOLD OUT"!

My son disputed and argued them about the item for 1) Their website had posted the item and 2) They have accepted the payment made on the item and 3) Only after 3 days and after telling him that it was for shipping, then suddenly the item was sold out! Anyway the worst is yet to come. After my son decided not to pursue the item from them, he then demanded for LAZADA to return/refund his payment made through PayPal. Again, another one of those "I think you're stupid and you don't know how Paypal works" was the answer given to my kid; and they told him that it would take SEVEN DAYS for them to process the refund! Now what the hell was that? These jerks don't know that in the business we're in and I mean me and my kid, we use PayPal on a daily basis and doing a refund wouldn't take much more than a "MINUTE" and I mean not even "60 Seconds" of their life to initiate and make the REFUND! Wait...there's more to come.

My kid called them again and told them it was unrealistic for them to tell us that it will take SEVEN FRIGGIN' days to do the refund, and that the fault was not on out end but rather their's. Again the customer support told him that it will take them a couple of days to issue the refund but again my son told them that it's still unacceptable and telling them that we know how PayPal works and everything, even if you're in SLOW EFFIN' MOTION, it still wouldn't take you an hour to issue the refund. After soooooo much apologizing and talking...the customer support informed us that the refund was done and gave us a transaction number of the refund...and also gave us a voucher code worth Php 500.00 for the inconvenience! Again we checked and still the refund has not been issued! He again called customer support, it was a different person on the line, and demanded his refund and they again issued Another Transaction Number that was supposedly the refund made in PayPal, he even told us to disregard the previous number that they gave. And the following day as we checked, there was still no refund in my son's PayPal. My God we know how PayPal works and if you really issued the refund, theres no need for you to be sending us the transaction number since it will be sent automatically by PayPal to our email. We already brought the issue to PayPal since your are blaming PayPal for the delay and they replied there wasn't any refund issued! These people from LAZADA are schemey and liars and they wont give you a direct and honest answer.

Comments

20th of Apr, 2012

After all the fuss LAZADA decided to ship the item and we're glad my son has received the LCD TV. So you see what a little sincerity can do to make things better. I commend RHEA for going out of her comfort zone and getting in touch with my son directly to inform and assure him that everything is being done to correct this. We know LAZADA is a great online store company and we definitely would be buying again from them and I do mean that "DEFINITELY". But one thing that they must learn from this is they do need to polish on how they handle customers in situations like we had and make the shopping experience with you a more pleasant one.

I apologize to LAZADA for my rant and honestly if it was me in my son's shoes, I would have let this thing go. But it's my son who's involved in this case I will not take anything sitting down, and it's instinct for us parents to act on their defense. So forgive me for my "Father's Wrath Moment". I also apologize that this post could not be deleted and I know for a fact that it will greatly affect any SEO efforts your company is doing, but I'll do everything to get in touch to the admin of this website to have this deleted.

Again, I thank you RHEA for the great effort and I truly can say that LAZADA has a gem in their staff. I thank you LAZADA's customer support for patiently listening to my son's complaint and doing what needs to be done.

• Ra
      20th of Apr, 2012

Like with any company, issues such as these can happen and can be resolved without the need to post here... nevertheless, your experience just goes to show, how Lazada is doing their best to provide good customer service..

22nd of Apr, 2012

Well my experience is my experience and It's everyone's right to air what their experience is about their online shopping is and definitely my right to post here. Bottom line here is this is a lesson for any online shopping company. They should learn a thing or two from this issue.

• Mh
      23rd of Apr, 2012

After what happen you still apologizing? Anyways, , I ordered at lazada and almost 1 month now. not very expensive cost but I say they are annoying. Already pay thru paypal. Damn Lazada. Karma will revenge.

• Iw
      8th of May, 2012

I was about to order a Sony Ericsson phone from Lazada and I was checking and researching first WHO REALLY OWNS Lazada, I found out that its owned by a certain Rocket Internet Gmbh which means it is a German-based company. Their website is http://www.rocket-internet.de and they were just established in 2007 and states that they support about 20 startups around the world. Nonetheless, I also found a local address which is dubious I might say to just indicate #50 Jupiter St. in Makati City Philippines. It's very risky to put your good hard earned money on a company whose existence is suspect. So I'd rather do a personal face-to-face transaction. Thank you though for airing this out. But everyone out there, beware!

8th of May, 2012

At this point I could say that Lazada is a legit online selling company and they have just started operation here in the Philippines and they're still at a stage of resolving and ironing out issues with their operations like their fulfillment end or their shipment provider. We've purchased other several items from them at one time after the TV but they've been arriving at different dates, so they do have problems with their fulfillment. And although I am resolved that Lazada is legit, you just need to do some really good followup when you have done some purchase from them at this stage to get your items immediately. And for everybody out there, it really pays to be skeptical and be cautious always when purchasing online coz' it's a fact we are in a crazy world and there are a lot of crazy people out there.

• Pa
      28th of Aug, 2014

It's now 2014. And based on my experience just this month, LAZADA is a SCAM. They are not willing to accept returns and eventually refund what is due.