Panasonic / Plasma TV Poor Quality

CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a Panasonic 50" Plasma TV, model # TC-P50G10. The TV only lasted just over 2 years, and it wouldn't turn on again and the power light blinks 5 times when I attempted to turn it on. Bought the TV to one of the authorized repair shop suggested by Panasonic, found out that 3, YES, 3 BAD circuit boards, estimated the repair cost for almost $700, just ridiculous! Panasonic wouldn't stand behind their product, nor cover a portion of the repair cost due to the POOR quality. Ended up throwing that TV away since it's not worth of spending the money, and bought another brand new TV, of course, not Panasonic again! I owned quite a few Panasonic product, but this one just disappointed me. From now on, I would stay away from Panasonic product (other than those Made in Japan), hopefully this can be helpful for some of the people that are looking into buying a Panasonic Plasma TV.

Panasonic

Comments

• Ke
      Nov 07, 2012

I bought my Panasonic 3D Viera TV model TC-P55GT30 on July 6, 2011 (date the TV manufactured in June 2011) from a Best Buy store in Reston, VA. Today I have the same problem, no power, screen blank and the power light blinked. I called Panasonic Customer Service and they said the TV is not cover warranty after a yr. So to this date, the TV last 1 yr and 4 months. Who would think a Panasonic 3D TV last only 1 yr and 4 months??? It refused to take responsibility to fix the problem. I would never buy nor recommend anyone from buying any of Panasonic product. After talking to a friend on FB, he said his friend who bought a Panasonic TV also had the same problem. So PANASONIC products been manufactured bad lately??? People please check before you buy it.

• Rb
      Dec 12, 2012

Same problem. Panasonic TC-P50VT25 bought March 2011. Powered off and blinks 10 times. Panasonic phone tech could not tell me what the 10-blink indicates from the diagnostic and says its out of warranty take it to a repair site, they will know. Repairman says its $385 plus parts if I wil bring it over.