[Resolved] outsurancei am so disgusted in the way my call was handled

A month ago my wife had the unfortunate luck of having a car roll into the back of her brand new 2 month old car, since the car that caused the damage was insured with outsurance I called them to odge a third party claim, I asked the consultanat what to do and she advised that she would take all my details and a person from the legal team would give me a call... I supplied all the info and waited ... and waited 2weeks later I have just phoned them to find out what is the story and was now given a pretoria number to call... WOW what attitudes do these people have, I am so disgusted in the way my call was handled, firstly the lady that was talking to me I dont know what her problem is but she has a real big terrible attitude ... now I am told that I must fax the docs, my id drivers and all of that to another number, I dont have a problem doing this but why was this not told to me the first time I phoned and not 2 weeks later when I had to phone again, and then the biggest complaint is the way they talk to people, it is absolutely disgusting... I was i the process of signing up with Outsurance through Vivian but after that call NEVER will i be assosiated to such rubbish!

• Resolution statement

• You describe to say the very least: shocking service! The resultant effects hereof, needless to say: time consuming, a no win situation for you!
    Could I please request you contact me on:[protected], or let send me your contact detail, I'll then contact you? I am an employee of OUTsurance, and will gladly look into the matter for you? Regards: Dinky Wenhold.

Comments

May 25, 2011

I have just phoned to get a quote for insuring my car. I was stunned and the amount that Outsurance quoted me.

Last year I received a quote from them for approximately R860 for a car that is fully paid off, limited milage driving and the car was 9 years old at that time. I had an claim within the previous 3 years. MiWay quote for the same conditions, claim status and extras was R640.
    I phoned just now to get a claim as my last claim was now over the 3 year bracket. I was quoted almost R1100 for what is now a 10 year old car that is used a couple of times a week to go to the local shops. Value of the car R35, 000. Reason given for the high quote was that I had cancelled my policy with them about 4 or more years ago. My car was being insured through my employer which is why I switched.
    Outsurance advertise as the lowest and best insurance company. They are certainly not and are scamming you as if you raise a stink about the premium they say that they can readjust excesses etc. I certainly will never go back to Outsurance or recomend them to anyone else.