Orbitz / Non Refundable Policy

1 20545 Plummer StChatsworth, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818 727 1700

I booked travel on Air France through Orbitz to Paris from LAX for $3200. Due to a medical emergency the trip had to be cancelled. I called Air France and they said "no problem" but since I had made the reservation through Orbitz I would have to call them, etc.

For the past three days I have spent hours on the phone trying to resolve this issue to finally learn that Orbitz refused to refund or credit any amount.

This is a "buyer beware" scam organization who I will never use again. This lesson has cost me over $3K which is painful.

In the future I will use their search engine to find flights and hotels but NEVER AGAIN will I ever book anything through this "con artist" group of travel ###.

The service they provide as "the middle" man is of of negative value and surfaces very quickly if you ever have to change anything.

My advise... Avoid at any cost.

Comments

• La
      15th of May, 2008

When you booked the reservation the airfare goes directly with Air France (shows also on your billing statement.) And before booking the reservation, the website stated the rules and restictions of your ticket. I travel a lot and fly Air France. I think most of Air France tickets are non refundable and non changable (economy class).