Onida / Very very poor service

1 India Review updated:

I wish there was a way wherein i could really really voice my opinion against this company. The punch line / slogan of this company says " Neighbors envy Owners Pride " Although I did agree to this when i bough my 29" ky thunder home theatre system, I regret that since 21st September 2007, my view towards the company has absolutely changed... There has been a problem with my tv set and since 22nd September, I have been speaking to the Customer Care team on the number 39889000.. a lady took down my complaint and mentioned to me that the next day - 22nd september before 3 p.m. a technician would visit us... Whilst registering my complaint, I had very clearly mentioned that since my husband and I work, we would like someone to come over within a stipulated time. regret that despite my numerous calls ( Mr Prathimesh of customer care is a live witness to this ) till date i.e. 26th September 1945 hours, no one has even bothered to call and check, forget about any technician visiting us... the call centre guys put it on the service centre and vice versa... if a company as reputed as Onida can deal with customers like us, where do we go...

Comments

• Gi
      4th of Oct, 2007

Yes I do agree to this particular complaint. I experienced the same scinario. My complaint Number is 07090446380858 it was during beginning of September, 07, I had been told the technician will come on Sunday as I work and nobody else is there at my home. And unfortunately the Sunday hasn't yet come yet. This second time I have same complaint with this company. Earlier a year ago I got frustrated and took the Directors Office Number from their website and spoke to the PA to the director. Now the Company has made a good improvement, they have removed the contact details to their all responsible offices. When asked to the Customer Service Cell they gave me telephone numbers of Kalyan Service Centre (3209470 & 2327060) and the Superior of the branch, only thing is not a single phone line is working and no mobiles been attended. And this is what Onida is. Hence I would like to appeal the customers of this company to visit the www.complaintboard.com site before going for any of their products. If anybody wants to contact me they can call me on my cell 9820961806 to get more details.

• Sr
      14th of Apr, 2008

Hello,

I am Sreekanth. T resident of Hyderabad and my native place is D: Karimnagar.

I bought an ONIDA Thunder 29” TV in the month of January 2008 at Tirumala Music centre (P) Ltd., Begumpet Hyd. I booked it in the showroom but they are having their stock at uppal. So from there they send us in the transport for which I paid extra. I wondered by seeing the LG AC once I received the piece, then I had to send the piece back to get my TV, for which I paid transportation fee extra again.

When I asked about the quality check of the piece to the Manager –operation (Mr. V. Satyender) who is working in the show room. He told that every piece will be quality tested. On top of all these frustration, I found a problem in my TV once I received. i.e some black lines are being displayed in the middle of the screen. I called up both show room and service centre to explicate the problem.

I wondered that the lines are not being displayed when a guy from service came to my home to check. But I have observed that the lines are being displayed sporadically about 3 or 4 hrs or sometimes whole the day. So I asked for the replacement of the piece. They said it can’t be done.

How I can get satisfied with the piece which is having issues, how can I get the justice? Please suggest.

I was really cheated by TMC and in away by ONIDA also since they are giving products with out testing.

sreekanth.T

• Na
      19th of May, 2008

I emailed to the company about my microwave oven, i will wait n see for their response as i didnt get any response from local service centre. Then I will comment..if their serviece is good. ' Neibours envy owners pride'. Other wise, ' Neibours pride Owners Envy'.

• As
      9th of Sep, 2008

I bought Onida Oxygen 29" TV on 18-9-2007. So far there is no problem. But on 6th Sept 2008 I had problem and complained vide Complaint No. 566380264.So far no service engineer turned up. Whenever I ring up, the answer is 'connecting to customer care' and after a minute ringing, it goes into engage tone.
    Otherwise TV so far is giving good performance.
    I will find out address and I will go down to the service center and lay a tent till they attend the problem.
    What else old people do.
    Sudhakar Akula

• Pr
      4th of Dec, 2008

Sir,
    This is Praveen Kumar, a customer who purchased onida ultra slim TV on 19-11-2008 from sri Tirumala Electronics, Sangareddy, Medak District...and with in one week of my purchase...I got a problem from this TV. I complained it to the management or dealer ie., Sri Tirumala Electronics, Sangareddy..But till date my complaint remain unattended and the dealer took little interest to listen to me...If this is the case of customers for ONIDA...in the very near future ONIDA electronics goods will find no takers..

Please help/respond