on star / Road Side Assistance
I am extremely disappointed and appalled about the so called "free" roadside assitance covered under my vehicle's warranty. I had to rush out of town to see my grandmother for the last time before she passed away, when I ran out of gas on my way back home. The last thing on my mind was gasoline, since I was so distraught. The state of mind I was in, feeling afraid of being in the middle of nowhere, and still having approximately 40 miles to the nearest gas station, I called "On Star." I thought I had nothing to worry about. I was wrong. Good thing I had my bankcard with me. It took over an hour to get someone from a towing company to bring me gas and after the "free" roadside assitance, I had to pay $70.00 out of my pocket for a quarter tank of gas. I feel completely misled by OnStar's ads and I also feel robbed and taken advantage of in a time of need.
More on star Complaints & Reviews
- Onstar.com - Unhappy with OnStar service! 
- Onstar - unauthorized charges and useless service 
- Onstar - they sent survey card can't log on 
- Onstar - Misleading information
- Onstar - Customer service 
- Onstar - renewal fraud
- Onstar - the fees! and no multi car family discount...
- Onstar - didn’t work when needed
- on star - False charging
- Onstar - unaccptable service