Omni Financial / scam/fraud

1 380 Interlocken Cres. #800Broomfield, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 303-530-7770

Omni contacted me several times soliciting their tax lien assistance. They made several promises and followed with a work agreement for a fixed amount of $2000 to resolve specific tax work. They stated that I would not be paying any more than the $2000 to get my work completed. They wasted hours of their time and before realizing ANY completion of the work notified me that I would have an additional $4500 in order for them to continue working. They refused to complete any of the work they agreed to do on the work agreement, and lie constantly in their response to the BBB, even going so far as to say that I "admitted that Omni was doing a good job" for me! Nothing can be further from the truth. I am outraged that they make written agreements for a flat fee only to defraud and scam their clients. Their business scam is such a blatant ripoff. They were completely void of any honesty and good work ethic.

Gary H.

Comments

• Dr
      21st of Oct, 2010

Gary, I've had the same runaround. My $2500. retainer quickly turned into $900. They kept switching assistants handling my case and the clock kept ticking. I didn't know it was eating away my retainer. They did nothing for me. I'd be happy to get a grand back. Should I contact the BBB? Thanks, Chuck

• Se
      21st of Dec, 2010

I received a call this morning from a lady at this company and when I told her I wasn't interested, she said she would send me some information and just cold transferred me to a guy named Anthony. He had me on the phone for about an hour and wouldn't let me go. I told him the same thing, not interested. I already had a tax lawyer who handled my case and they were able to get me on Currently Not Collectible Status. But they insisted that the penalties and interest were still going to be imposed and how the IRS is going to aggressively seek to garnish my wages and take my assets. He was trying to scare me. He went on to say that he would only charge me $2900 but that he would take $1000 off the bill but I had to give them $625 so they could start working today. I already have a lawyer, he didn't hear me! I was so angry that he wasted my time. It's my fault and should have hung up on the guy but didn't want to be rude. I am so glad I read this blog, thanks everyone!

• Am
      5th of Jan, 2011

I manage a restaurant where I’ve received repeated calls from Omni in aggressive pursuit of our ownership. Their representatives would not give their name or whom they worked for only that “he owes back taxes” and that I should immediately give them his phone number. A simple caller id showed where they were calling from and after a small amount a research inside their call back system, I learned that Robert Lewis, their senior accounts representative, was responsible for the rude and overly aggressive sales techniques. I hope you never consider them for business and that some semblance of decency works its way on to their sales floor.

• Sb
      12th of Mar, 2011

Thank you so much for all of your insight. I was just about to sign on with this company. I am one of the lucky ones that does a lot of research before handing over money. I cannot thank you enough. So how do you know who to use? I just need someone honest to help me!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Sounds like you just all saved me a lot of money. You have done a great thing by sharing!

• Mp
      28th of Feb, 2013

I recently received a notice from the IRS stating that I owned them $1200. This was as a result of a clerical mistake on application of estimated tax payments between 2010 and 2011. The IRS applied it in 2010 rather than 2011 which resulted in getting an underpayment notice. I called the IRS and got it straightened out. But here's the question. Why is it then that this scam outfit Omni Financial calls me within days of my getting that IRS letter. HOW THE HELL DID THESE OMNI SCHAYSTER KNOW ABOUT THIS LETTER? Is the IRS handing out this information? This whole thing with Omni was just too coincidental. I had never gotten an IRS letter, and I had never gotten a call from Omni. If the IRS is making this information public, then there is a BIG problem here.

• Sy
      17th of Dec, 2013

The IRS puts a lien against you and any property you own whenever their records reflect that you owe taxes. Federal Tax Liens are a matter of public record. Firms like Omni purchase these lists which contain your contact information and the amount of the lien placed against you. Deal with your tax problems with the IRS or a local licensed attorney. Everything you need to know about resolving tax issues can be found on the IRS website. There are very few honest businesses like this from what I have seen and I worked for Omni before and their business practices are not trustworthy in my opinion and will likely cost you $1000's more than just working out a payment arrangement directly with the IRS. If you own a business, find a local accountant and work with them to learn how to manage and pay your business taxes accurately and timely to avoid landing on these lien rolls. As far as the calls, fight fire with fire and be as rude and nasty back to them as you want...harassment, intimidation and bullying is against the law and Florida where this company is located also has a Stand Your Ground law. For those who have had problems with Omni as a client, go to this website as this law firm is investigating the possibility of a class action lawsuit: http://www.class-action-litigation.org/american-tax-relief-investigation.asp