Old Republic / service,warranty

1 101 woodsdale drivepeachtree city, GA, United States
Phone: (707) 224-3365

have had nothing but problems with Old Republic Home Warranty company, which is recommended by realtors when buying a home with issues.
Two months ago my stove went out. THEY never fixed it. After 3 weeks of eating out, and after I filed a formal complaint with the CA Insurance Commissioners office, Old Republic reimbursed me for the cost of the stove. I was still out the money I spent eating out for 3 weeks.
About a month ago, my air conditioner went bad. I have the register set on 70 but the thermometer reading indicates it is 78 in my home. They sent out a contractor, Solution Air. I was ripped off by their first person who told me that it would work fine if it was cleaned but that it leaked Freon. He put Freon in, but charged me $129 rather than the usual $60 deductible because the cleaning is not covered under the warranty. He left and my thermometer still reads 78 degrees.

I called Old Republic who sent out another Solution Air person. He also said that it was leaking Freon and that it is a very old unit (15 or 20 years old?). He put in 1.5 pounds of Freon. He also said that we needed an attic fan. The attic fan, of course, is not covered. My thermometer still reads 78 degrees. I spoke with Marty at Old Republic who said that Old Republic would be back to me with a monetary settlement. However, instead I got a call from Andrea who went right back to the company line of this being my fault because I do not have an attic fan.
She then had another person come out who said I need a bigger unit and did nothing. Old Republic says they will not help at all.
It is obvious given my two experiences in the last few months that Old Republic just takes the warranty money and says and does anything possible to avoid paying for or fixing broken items covered by the warranty. There are multiple online complaints that confirm my theory.
Georgia Realtors should not recommend this firm.

Ja