OfficeMax / perks reward is scam

Office Max Perks is a Scam. Purchased a printer for $300 at Office Max and clerk signed me up for Office Max Perks. Received the plastic card with bar code and was told I had received a $50 reward for in-store credit. Went back after a few months to purchase new ink cartridges with my Perks card and was told I would have to log in. The store doesn't keep track of the "Rewards". Went back home and logged saw my original purchase and the $50 "Reward". Printed it out and went back to the store. Said they couldn't honor it, because I waited too long and didn't really have any "Rewards". Told the clerk I didn't (and still don't) see any expiration date. Gave me an 866 number to call.

What a bunch of baloney. Logged on to Amazon.com and found the ink cartridges for 40% less than Office Max. Do your self a favor and shop online.

Se

Comments

• Co
      13th of Dec, 2010

Officemax customers,
    Watch out for the officemax double reward scam.
    They will not credit your rewards as promised.
    You need keep up with your rewards, otherwise they will scam you out of your earned rewards. Do not call them, contact them thru email so you will have the record.
    I do not shop at office max anymore and will not ever. I have been ripped off by them too many times.
    Staples lot better with reward progrom.