Office Depot / rip off

United States Review updated:
Office Depot
Brought a toshiba laptop defect computer from office depot, paid in full, computer performance is poor and had it fixed twice and it still not working and office depot won't give me a refund or exchange. They are a horrible company to deal with.can't get on internet from day one and now it still won't perform well going on internet, cuts off constandly, had to buy another computer from another company hp brand and it works fine. brought computer last year, toshiba company had it send to them twice to fix without success and refuse to do anything else.

N  28th of Oct, 2008 by
Purchased an Ativa paper shredder from Office Depot on 5-3-08. The blades gave out in less than 60 days of light home use. Took the shredder back to OD and was told that I had it longer than two weeks and had to deal with the manufacturer. I called warranty claims only to find out that the shredder is OD's. Carlos, the claims agent, figures out he cannot fix it over the phone and says he will process a claim. I will receive a gift card in 8 to 10 weeks. At 13 weeks I call again only to be told the card has been processed and is waiting to be sent. I ask how long to send the card and was told up to 2 weeks. This is customer service to be emulated by every company wanting to go out of business. I could have been totally satisfied at the store level for a defective OD product. Instead I have been turned into a Staples customer. And I don't care for Staples. Imagine, 8-10 weeks to "make a gift card". Fifteen weeks to really get it sent out. This is absolutely a crying shame in customer service.
A  20th of Aug, 2009 by
I agree...too long. They should have just taken it back in the store for you. Ativa is def office depot brand, when I worked there we usually would take our own product back so the customer didnt have to deal with claims...ppl are just getting lazy(workers) I suppose. Im sorry this happened to you.
N  19th of Jan, 2010 by
Galindo I miss you
N  7th of Sep, 2010 by
Same here with a Graphic Card bro. I know this is Necroposting and i know this is posted a year later. They won't give me a refund either. Exchange yes.

Office Depot Logo Office Depot