Obey Your Body / cohersion

1 Philadelphia, PA, United States Review updated:

These Obey your body people are unbelievable!!! I went to the mall to buy my daughter a pair of shoes for Thanksgiving. I had an exact amount of money on me. This guy comes up to me and says "can I ask you a question" . The next thing I knew I was in my purse taking out my money. The guy demonstrated how a few of their products worked but what I did not realize is that after each demonstration he put the product into a bag. So, by the end of it, I felt like I had to get something and I really liked how the facial peel worked. So, like I said, I was in my bag looking at how much money I had on me. Now there I am with $185.00 in my hand. I put $25 dollars aside because I knew I still needed shoes. He adds everything up and it came to $160.00. So right away I am like Oh my God $160 . He jumps right back into his performance . By this time I am feeling like I have to buy something. Then he says oh well its $160 PLUS Tax so it's going to be $180 dollars. I said I can't , I have to get my daughter shoes for the Holiday. He goes " Oh no you don't , worry about yourself for the holiday and buy yourself something that you will benefit from.
Once he said that, I snapped right out of the trance I was in and came back to reality. He practically took all my money from me then when I was left with $25 for shoes for my daughter he wanted to go right ahead and take that too! Talking about another $20 for taxes. I said you know what, if you were smart you would have left me with the money for my kid cause after all that I walked away with all my money and he was left with nothing except a dry mouth from running too long.
So that is my experience with OBEY your BODY

Comments

• De
      12th of Apr, 2008

They are sales people they are pushing for sales since they work off of commission. I say no to them all the time even if they do demostrate their products. It is up to you to know what you can spend and no one can con you out of it. My brother ended up buying me the whole line of products from them and I will tell you everything is worth it. My skin has never been softer, my nails have shine and my face feels so good. Personally I can not afford the products but I always except that as a gift from family members with a huge smile. I say get what you want but realize that their job is to push more products just stand your ground

• Pe
      20th of Apr, 2008

They totally ripped me off...they lied to me and stole 438 dollars from me

• Pe
      20th of Apr, 2008

These people robbed me of 438 dollars and sold me used products...they sell everything double the price online.

• De
      22nd of May, 2008

There was no cohersion when I went to King of Prussia Mall, but I was truly amazed by the products and I would buy a bunch of them if I got the money. I only got the nail things and skin lotion, but they have excellent things over there. The guy wasn't upset at all and he kept showing everything (testing). There was another seller though, we didn't talk to him, so who knows! We got an excellent seller, so no complains about him.
    But we need to pay attention to the amount we can spend, that's for sure! Deca, from Brazil.

• Sl
      27th of May, 2008

They are very quick talkers--confusing and misleading.
    They keep saying "I'm going to give you this as a present." That was a lie. None of it was free and I ended up buying twice as much stuff as I needed. By that time I just wanted to get away from the guy.

I felt foolish until I realized I learned a very big lesson relatively inexpensively.
    Firmly say NO --Don't touch me!! when they grab your hand and start talking! Keep walking and don't give them a chance. They are pros.

• Cn
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I had a hundred dollars ready to buy the sea salt and body butter for 39.00 each, then they said because I like you I'll sell you this for the change I was due.
    Then before I knew it I was writing a check for another 180.00. I walked away feeling like a fool. I walked 25 feet and there was a women selling the same products she asked what I bought I said too much. She said if it was me you would have spent more. I was so angry I walked back and demanded my check back as I was standing there the phone rings. It was the BOSS. They must be watching them. I was truly amazed after 2 phone calls from the BOSS I got my check back but the guy begged me to take the nail kit instead of my change from the hundred. I felt so bad for him he looked so scared. I ended up spending a 100. instead of 280. The products are good but the people are connviver's. My advice when they say Can I ask you a question say firmly NO unless you have a lot of money to spend!

• Jd
      19th of Jul, 2008

I see those people everytime i go to the local mall. I always just give them a polite "no" and I am on my way. For some reason today I actually decided to let the girl do her "demonstration". I am a 26 year old construction worker and she was appalled at the condition of my hands. HAHA. I have to agree with the other posters that she too started putting things in bags and I didnt even tell her I wanted to purchase anything yet.

So after she put everything (around 300 dollars worth) into the bag. I took it all out and only chose one thing. I chose the facial peeling gel. I told her this was all i wanted to try. She then pulled out the calculator and tried telling me the "great deal" I was going to get if I got the other products too. I told her honestly that this was the only one that I was interested in.

By me sticking to my guns she finally gave in. But she called me stubborn in the process.

And from now on when i walk through the mall and they bother me. I will just state that I already purchased their products and there is no need for the demonstration.

• Le
      19th of Jul, 2008

If you buy out of guilt, it is your own fault. If you buy of your own free will, it is your own fault. If you complain about someone else selling you something and you take it home, you are, well, it's your own doggone fault.

25th of Jul, 2008

Walking through the mall everyone knows it's annoying when people from the kiosks ask you "may i see your hand" or "may i show you something". Usually it drives me nuts. One day i was at the mall with my boyfriend and a woman asked us if she could see our hands. She pointed out how i had ridges on my nails and thats why the break and don't grow. I still wasnt impressed. She asked me if she could try something on me and i said ok. She used a 4 sided buffer on my nail. After a minute or so she applied the oil and my nail was incredibly smooth. I really liked the product. I asked her if using this daily would help my nails grow. Let me tell you i have tried alot to get my nails to grow. She said use the buffer once a week and watch the difference. So i asked my boyfriend nicely and he bought the kit for me. The kiwi lotion smells amazing! So i have been using the buffer and what do you know, my nails are growing!! Im a huge skeptic but seriously my nails are so healthy now. Maybe the jello in my diet is helping too but seriously it looks like im wearing clear nail polish when im wearing nothing on my nails. It looks like a professional manicure! All i do is once a week i use the black, white then shiny grey side on every nail. Every other night if i remember i use the shiny grey side only. The cuticle oil is nice too. It keeps the cuticles back and isnt greasy what so ever. Give it a try!

• Ci
      16th of Aug, 2008

I have never stopped anywhere for anyone to buy anything, because I assume (and rightfully so 99.99999% of the time) that I will be ripped off. I can not even explain this myself, but for some reason I allowed a saleswoman to suck me in to the "Obey Your Body" kiosk at the Menlo Park Mall. I had never heard of the product line before.
    I liked one of the 3 products that she demonstrated. She whipped out her handy dandy little price list and offered me a buy 1 get 1 offer, that was only good if I bought the products then and there. I truly did not want to buy anything, especially since the cheapest product was $50. However, I did feel badly for the girl (I should have felt badly for myself!!), and kept saying that I did not want to spend anywhere near the prices she was giving me. In the end I purchased only the product that I actually had an interest in, and I got it for $25 -50% off the original price that she quoted.
    When I got home I googled the product line and much to my surprise, the same product was actually priced at $50, so I felt a lot better.
    These people are relentless and they will get your cash! If you tend to get sucked in, you will be. If you do not tend to be sucked in, you probably will be! Go home, check out the product if you are interested, and those same people will be there tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the (you get the picture!). The "one hour sale" will also be there.

9th of Sep, 2008

I'm such a skeptical person, and I too allowed myself to be hoodwinked! I took a rare trip to the mall. As the sale pitch was coming, I knew what was going on. I felt foolish, and wondered if everyone else at the mall was looking at me like, "she got another one!" Somehow, knowing when I walked over I'd walk away with saying "No, thank you", I ended up buying $150 worth of products. Hopefully I use them instead of leaving them in the closet with the other skin care products I've bought. They appear to work. My nails are still shiny. Gald to find this thread - I'm not alone!

• Ka
      10th of Oct, 2008

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these products. My sales guy was great and I had no problem with him. Im def. going back to buy more products when Im done.

11th of Oct, 2008

I love the products also but the salespeople are super-aggressive and relentless. I was there today and left $280.00 poorer, then saw cheaper or same prices online. Live and learn, what can you do? The girls working the kiosk were real hot too.

• Te
      28th of Oct, 2008

Like most of you, I was approached by a sales person while walking through the mall. I saw through their tactics immediately ... talking quickly so you can't get a word in, attractive young people trained to flirt, and "amazing deals". However, I wanted to spend a few minutes with the attractive young woman who was demonstrating the products. She showed me a kiwi body scrub, some sort of balm to apply afterwards, and a product that removes dead skin. I was only interested in the kiwi body scrub, and even though prices kept coming down, and she even offered to thrown in the balm for free, I ended up with only what I wanted. Tonight, I used it for the first time since the demonstration, and it is an amazing product! Next time I'm in the mall, I'll spend more time with the attractive young woman, buying more products (but I'll be sure to stop her dead in her tracks if she starts in on the sales pitch)!

• Mi
      5th of Nov, 2008

A woman at the Galleria in White Plains, NY stopped me.
    She was very nice. I got to know her.. but she was pushing at times but I did buy the kiwi body scrub which is fantastic.

But here was my problem..
    She kept using this accent which sounded fake.. why I know this? Because I know a girl from Israel who doesn't talk like the way she did.

Literally the next day I go to the Palisades Center Mall with my sis.
    Oh.. and low and behold.. someone stops me. And I hear the same annoying fake accent.
    But this woman.. was worse.. WAAAAY worse. Was TOO pushy.. too rude. Did not listen to me when I told her I had already bought one of their products.
    She acted as if she didn't believe me.
    She then puts the product in the bag.. says the whole "I'm going to give you this as a present." I knew she was BSing and she was already asking for cash.
    I walked away angry and gave her a nasty stare.

• Lo
      14th of Aug, 2017

@Mike The guy that served used in Montreal, said he came from Israel and arrived like 7 or 9 months ago. At one point he said something in French, the expression and the toned used was too French/Quebecois, I started getting doubts. He was piushy but always very polite. I was with my dautgher, we only bought a kit the NATURAL GLOW NAIL KIT - KIWI. If we would of listen, he wanted us to get more more...

• Be
      13th of Nov, 2008

I finally gave them a shot like 4 months ago. Awesome products! What you as consumers have to realize is that you can say no. They tried the same thing with me, but my sales person wasn't over bearing at all. Yes, she is a sales person, they are there to sell.. And by the sounds of it, they are pretty damn good. However at the hamilton Mall I had a pleasant experience and actually got 2 products for $25 in the long run. I will definetly be a customer for a long time.

• Ed
      19th of Nov, 2008

Totally agree, I went to Newport Mall in Jersey City, NJ. I met this guy from Israel with the same question "Sorry, Can I ask You a Question"?

As I am from Venezuela I well know the rip-off sale persons, but just to be polite I let him keep going, and the worst part of it, I was thingking on buying some facial/skin product, but even though on spent $171.50 on what it suppose to be 1 year supply of Dead Sea Mineral based facial and skin lotions.

And thank God I stopped him when he was going to pass to the Nail section, I just told to him "Yes, I lknow what that is, I have one".

Anyway, I only hope now that the products are really good.

• Je
      24th of Nov, 2008

If you choose to get sucked in to buying these products - it is your fault. My husband and I stopped because my husband loves Dead Sea products and has spent a lot of time in Israel. Both the workers were from Israel because my husband and them knew a lot of the same restaurants around Tel Aviv and Old Jaffa, etc...so the person who said that they are fake "Israelis"...whatever.

We chose to spend the $$ on their products for my husband to give them a shot. If they don't work, lesson learned. However, his face is already starting to look smoother...and the nail kit has helped him stop biting his nails...

• Ol
      30th of Nov, 2008

They sold my learning disabled daughter $268. for 3 nail care kits all the same. When we tried to return them unopened they would not take them back. My daughter and two friends have been going to the same mall for Saturday outing for years. I am very disappointed in this company and the Mall for having a store with this type policies. Beware of stores like this.

11th of Dec, 2008

They do this at my local mall as well. Carousel Mall Syracuse. You walk by and they insist on demonstrating. Usually your safe cause they are already with somone. But a couple times they got me. Its hard to say no cause the chick is super hot with a sexy israeli accent that u'd love to bang out. Anyway, I do the demonstration and buy somthing cheap. YOu can't really complain though. No one is holding you at gunpoint to buy these products. All you need is a little willpower and just simply say no if you dont want it, it is your money. And this Chick was Hot.