NYCHA Drew Hamilton Houses — excessive garbage
My apartment (A tiny 1 bedroom - that I share w / my 7 year old) is located directly next to the incinerator which is shared by all residents that live on this floor. For well over 3 years, i've had to come home each afternoon after a long day in college to a trail of garbage by or in front of my apartment door. Initially, this had been an issue due to a broken incinerator door that had to be reported several times for over a year.
There is a janitor that begins his hard work of cleaning up after adults every morning at around 7am... (I greet him daily). Unfortunately, he is our only source of cleanliness and responsibility we have in this location. Now that there is a new incinerator door, I am again addressed with foul smells and garbage left in front of my living quarters due to people leaving large garbage bags either unattended or partially hanging out of a very small incinerator opening. This has caused me a great deal of concern since now I am unable to dump any of my own garbage down the shoot.
Not only is it causing a collective problem with garbage distribution but now I am receiving on average up to 3 mice a month walking candidly through my front door! There are trails where the mice have bitten through metal to get into my apartment since it is so close to the garbage shoot. It became very necessary that I invest in an animal in which I am not too fond of. Extra costs, health dangers (Allergies) , as well as, fees accrued by the living quarters in order to have such said animal.
This is beyond frustrating and I am even considering suing due to poor quality of life sanctions for the 'responsible' tenants.
I am not very fond of being lumped into a certain category because I live in housing. I am intelligent, and looking forward to going about this the right way. I have several photos!!!
More NYCHA Drew Hamilton Houses Complaints & Reviews
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - repair problems 
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - rude and unprofessional workers 
- NYCHA - Section 8 - non-answering of phones 
- New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) - broken refrigerator 
- NYCHA - no heat in bedroom after 11pm 
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - cat has been registered for years.
- NYCHA (NYC Housing Authority) - negligence 
- NYC Housing Authority [NYCHA] - maintenance has not been sent to my apartment on a 24 hr ticket
- NYCHA - lack of heat and mold problem
- Dewitt Clinton Housing NYCHA - lack of proper repair and procedure policy