NuWave Oven / scam

I recently purchased my Nu Wave Oven on line in 8/2010. I have used it about 8 times.

About the 3rd time, a loud noise started coming from the vent like the sound of a fan about to shut off. My other issues are about the same as some other people's reviews. The melting, the having to turn food over. The bottom of the Nu Wave is so HOT it caused the glue from my countertops to melt. I have to sit it on my cutting board. These details should be included in the advertisement. I am sending it back for a total refund.

Ja

Comments

• Ro
      Apr 28, 2012

I love my nuwave, it does everything they say it would. I will say the potatos are a bit dried out, but if you salt your steaks (and they have to be fresh, no frozen on these) they will be fine. however my biggest complaint is that the 4" rack is not dishwasher friendly. it is rusting. otherwise, Its been a good investment. i'm sorry to hear all the other complaints, I haven't really seen anything of those but everyone has a different machine and expectations.

May 27, 2012

This is our second NuWave oven. They cook great, but the plastic in the power head melts, preventing the fan from turning. We were given one new in the box, and stashed it away until the first one had that melting problem. My husband was able to fix it somehow, and we gave it to a friend and opened the new one. Just today our second one died. The fan housing melted into the path of the fan, thus cracking the fan. the fan is even cheaper plastic, and it broke into pieces.

We bought our first one at Bed Bath and Beyond with a coupon, so it cost us $100-$150, and lasted two or three years. I don't know how much was paid for our second one, or where it was bought.

• By
      Jun 02, 2012

Have had the Nuwave mod. #20331 for several years & have learned to cook with it very successfully. however, the plastic dome has gotten progressively worse & now have had to order a new one.It has clouded up to the point you can't see in it & the dome has cracks all over it including one top to bottom that is affecting its performance. There should be a substance that can take the heat & not crack, . This is a warranty problem in my opinion.

• Mi
      Oct 20, 2013

I've had my nu-wave for a little over a year now. I enjoyed cooking with the oven. But the dome is made of a cheap plastic that dulls over time & now has completely broken into pieces from the cracks in the dome.

• Ka
      Jan 26, 2014

I purchases 2 nu wave ovens on 11/12/2013 and was charged 151.33. They were purchased as gifts and unfortunately I could not give them as both kitchens were too small to hold them. I then got a return sticker and returned them immediately. On 1/11/2013 a charge was put on my checking account in the amount of 151.33. On 11/26/2013 I received a credit of 63.25. On 12/12/2013 a charge was on my credit card for 3.33 and on 1/11.2014 another charge for 3.33. So as of this date I have been charged 94.74 for nothing. What kind of scam is this?

• Nn
      Feb 05, 2014

I had my nuwave for a little over a year. The dome is totally broken from in home use. I tried to contact them but the service number was disconnected. I did reach a live person on their line as if i was a new customer but they couldnt help nor were they interested in my issue. I then emailed the company and thus far a month later no response. Good Luck to those that currently have one and to those that are thinking of buying one you might want to think twice before purchasing it.

• Ji
      Mar 03, 2014

Why does the dome fail on this thing with very little use.

• Lo
      Mar 06, 2014

We used our Nuwave oven for a few times when the dome cracked then broke within two more uses. We are trying also to reach them to see if we can purchase a dome or replace it. Any ideas on how to reach customer service? The cooking system otherwise was perfect, and who cares if you had to "turn" your meat, , there was grill marks evenly on both sides!

• Ro
      Mar 19, 2014

we never opened the boxes, supposed to be a 2 for 1 deal. we sent them back for a refund and paid the shipping which was over $40.00. we already pd. $170.00 for the purchase with 1 payment left but we didn't want it. we got a refund for $ 79.00. that makes no sense at all. what can we do is let people know what a scam this is. I will put this on every website I can and call the bbb. ronald and bonnie gruber from oakdale, mn. 55128

• As
      Apr 16, 2014

I swear I'm never ordering anything off an infomercial again...I ordered this stupid thing off their website. First they try to sell you everything under the sun and want to charge shipping and handling fee for everything seperatly.. .. If you do that your Oder will be around $500
    The website is confusing! So they advertise buy the nuwave get a second one free ( pay the shipping).. Nothing is ever free ! also get a set of stainless steel pots free (pay for the shipping) . I went for the pots and pans. .. After receiving the package in the mail there were no pot and pans ... So I called them, they said I didn't Oder the free set of pots and pans... And if I order them now they would give it to me for 69.99 pluse 29.00 shipping ... All I can say is WHAT ? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! I'm sending it back and losing out of shipping and handling cost ... I'll make sure I tell everyone I know don't bother with this crap.. Scam!

• Au
      Dec 06, 2014

I JUST HAVE TO SAY IT'S A RIP-OFF DOESN'T COOK IN HAVE THE TIME.THEY SAY A PIECE OF CHICKEN BREAST COOKS IN THIRTEEN MINUTES.I TRYED IT AND IT WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO COOKED IT TOOK THIRTY MINUTES THE ONLY THING I USE IT FOR IS BEACON AND STILL TAKES EIGHT MINUTES TO COOK
    '

• Co
      Mar 06, 2015
    NuWave Oven - Cracked DOme
    NuWave
    Chicago
    Illinois

Everyone I know that has one of these has a defective dome. No matter how careful the domeis treated, it cracks from heat and time. There needs to be a class action lawsuot to get reimbursed for this arcane feature. The heat is a sinequanon to the cracking and what oven is not going to be heated?

Dec 11, 2015

I agree something has to be done a class action lawsuit, all the domes are cracking from heat and ripping all of us off on shipping, i have a nuwave as well dome is cracked and warped the said id have to pay 49.99 plus shipping for a new dome, its their poor workmanship causing the problem not ours

• De
      Dec 14, 2015

Many people like the oven but there is no advice from the manufacturer on how to prevent the cracking. Perhaps if a "warning..this dome will crack within 2 years so look for a 2 for 1 sale"

Sep 03, 2017

I bought the new wave oven and have used it occasionally. Now after 3-4 years the dome has melted; the last time so bad it warped and doesn't fit the base. I called about it, sent pictures and they said the warranty was up and that I sat it too close to the stove to melt it. I did not do that. They will sell me a new one that is NASA built for $40 or so. So they knew they have a problem and reinvented it to withstand the extreme heat. Now they want you to buy it. I will not and throw it away and tell everyone I meet how bad they are. There needs to be a class action on this.