number1appliance / backorder

I ordered a thermador range from the website on 6/17/09. I expected to recieve it by the end of June in keeping with the websites promised time of shipment. I called after the first week in July because I hadn't recieved the range or any contact from number1appliance at all. After waiting a day to get a response by email they told me that the range was now on backorder and wouldn't be shipped until the end of July. I just called them today (July 31) and was told that the range wouldn't be shipped until approximately August 10th. I then called thermador myself and was told that the range wouldn't be available to them until the middle of August and then wouldn't likely be shipped to me until late August, 10 weeks after I placed the order. I was never contacted by number1appliance to inform me about any of this and always had to contact them and thermador directly to find out any information. The other review sites for number1appliance seem to have some good reviews but I assume that one of their employees is submitting good ones posing as a customer. Beware.

More number1appliance Complaints & Reviews