NTB - Pleasant Hills, PA / claimed ball joint was bad & failed inspection

1 Pleasant Hills, PA, United States Review updated:

I took my vehicle for a routine state inspection. They failed the inspection saying I had a bad ball joint. I knew that was a line of crap because I always have my vehicle checked & repaired before I take it in for inspection. I filed a complaint with penn dot and challanged the inspection. They sent a referee inspector to over-see a reinspection of my vehicle and wouldnt you know it... It passed! They were just trying to rip me off. Needless to say... I will never go there again!

Hu

Comments

• Mi
      15th of Dec, 2010

NTB Reading, Pa. They did the same thing to me here in Reading. I also check my vehicles before taking it for inpspection so when they called me and said that I had a tail light out I knew they were out to rip me off. In fact while I was waiting I heard the manager, Liz Bender, order one employee to "find something wrong" with another customers vehicle. Yes, I recorded her saying it too. They said I needed a sway bar link (which was true) and they wanted $225 to replace it and that my inner tie-rod on the right side was loose.
    So I replaced the sway bar link for $20 and took my car to my friend who is a mechanic so he could check the tie-rod. When I took the car back to get re-inspected they failed me saying I needed to "replace" the inner tie-rod. I took it to Pep Boys and they pulled the part for me "Which is adjustable and did not need replacing" Next comes a formal complaint.