NTB / messed up oil change/ check engine light on after leaving this joint!

1 Weber Rd.Bolingbrook, IL, United States Review updated:

This place sucks! I took my expedition here to get an oil change only because I was being too cheap to take it to the dealership, it was a toss up between paying $24 or $45.

I took my truck in on friday, on my way home I heard a thump as I turned the corner (I was only a few blocks away). I thought maybe I hit a hole or something so I left it alone and didn't think anything else about it.

That evening I drove my car into the city and as I accelerate to get on the e-way the car would hesitate, slowly getting into the lane. Finally it stops - picks up speed and back to normal (so I thought).

Silly me after all of those signs I take my expedition to wi for a family trip. My mother is driving and she comments on how different the truck feels. This crazyness is going on all weekend. Sunday on the way home the "check engine" light came on (this has never happened before) we were affraid to drive back but had to.

Monday I take the truck back to ntb, explain the situtation to them and they look at me like... Duh what? Duh.. Fix my car!!! (Thats not what I was saying in my head) I watched them walk around the truck, lift it up, play with my tires and walk away. He had the nerve to come back and tell me that they don't what's wrong with it - but the oil change work was done correctly. If I want them to inspect it any futher than that, I would have to pay. Oh my goodness... I was about to blow my freak'n top but my kids were standing there beside me. He acted like he didn't want to answer my questions. Like I was bothering him and I am the one with a messed up car. What! Time to write to the bbb.

He didn't care and the manager didn't care. It's all about the $.

You really get what you pay for (In this case less)- I regret not going to the dealer in the first place - now I have to go anyway and spend more money.

Stay away from these jerks - they will screw up your car!

To

Comments

• Ca
      15th of Aug, 2015

Rip off place. They list all the things you don't need as service items. They told me I needed struts-- that was about 3 years ago and I still have good struts. If you want to spend money for stuff you don't need-- go to Ntb in bolingbrook.
    They also said I needed front brakes, and I tolok it to another repair shop and they told me I needed back brakes.
    That was pretty funny-- I took the car to another shop 20 minutes apart from my NTB visit.
    I will never go to this hack place. The brakes needed were in the rear. If you suspect anything wrong with your car-- you can bet there will be!!! Be prepared to pay outrageous charges. Oh, at disposal fees--- nice markup--- what a complete rip-off NTB.