North Texas Tollway Authority

Posted: Sep 21, 2017 by

ntta overcharging on unpaid tolls with overwhelming fees & fines and threatening arrest

Dallas, Texas
NTTA.ORG
Single mom unable renewal for car registration due to inability to get assistance for the additional $2700 owed to ntta. $1700 is the extra fees & fines added to overdue balance. If local government is unable to help or continues to turn a blind eye. I plan to report this to fair credit reporting the act (Fcra) and the fair debt collection practices act (Fdcpa) to report these unfair practices. I feel if enough people report these unfair practices then those who allowed this type of blatant abuse can not continue to refuse to work with people who have experienced a job loss, divorce or injury and unable to make ends meet because of said events our elected government officials should step up nod do the right thing!
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Law & Civil Rights

Comments

N  26th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
Ha! Welcome to my exact same scenario. Single mother facing foreclosure already and the $150 or so I actually owe is $1, 008.00 now. To make matters worse, they are illegally billing me for the same debt they sold off to a collections agency. When if some sweet unsuspecting elderly woman got 2 bills from 2 different people for the SAME and single charge and was to pay them both? They would just keep that money and run wouldn't they? Who is going to stop this illegal nonsense? I can't get my car registered and it has been almost 2 years since I've been able to. Thanks NTTA for making life for me and my children a living hell.
N  15th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
This is totally a scam. I didn't even know they change their rates according to traffic at the time. How is this even legal? With them being "privately owned" how are they able to put holds on anything. This is a scam and there is no one to stop these people from doing this. Why, Because they are all making money off this. It's all about people who have money just making their pockets bigger. One of the biggest scams and no one to help stop this. No matter How many people complain.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree