[Resolved] North Texas Toll Authorityfake charges

I live in Washington State and received a bill from NTTA YESTERDAY stating I owed $2.70, plus the $10 administrative fee for using the tolls in North Texas. I lived in Houston until August 1 of 2013 and re-licensed my car in Washington on August 26, 2013. I have not driven my car out of Washington and Oregon since August 2013. My old Texas license plates are in my bedroom. However, according to my toll bill, I used a North Texas toll road without paying on December 5, 2013 and March 19, 2014. I've never even been to North Texas in my life. I believe this company is scamming people - maybe they have access to DMV records and are sending fake bills to people hoping they will pay them? I realize my charge is VERY small, but I'm sure other people are being charged for things they didn't do, as well. Now their website is down. Either the NTTA is scamming people or someone hacked their system and is scamming.

• Resolution statement

Apparently this was a Dillard's truck and it was "assigned" to the wrong vehicle. ? They removed it from my account. Retracting complaint.

Me
Jan 27, 2015

Comments

• Br
      Oct 28, 2015

I keep getting a zip cash toll bill account I'd [protected] for toll charges. I live in Amarillo tx I have not traveled to dallas tx within the last 4 years. This license plate number does not match my license number and the car does not match my car. I drive a 2007 white convertible ford mustang. I have called many times and the company apologizes and removes the charges but like clockwork the next month I get another bill. Please fix this. Rachel rooney [protected]

• Br