[Resolved] North Texas Toll Authority — fake charges
I live in Washington State and received a bill from NTTA YESTERDAY stating I owed $2.70, plus the $10 administrative fee for using the tolls in North Texas. I lived in Houston until August 1 of 2013 and re-licensed my car in Washington on August 26, 2013. I have not driven my car out of Washington and Oregon since August 2013. My old Texas license plates are in my bedroom. However, according to my toll bill, I used a North Texas toll road without paying on December 5, 2013 and March 19, 2014. I've never even been to North Texas in my life. I believe this company is scamming people - maybe they have access to DMV records and are sending fake bills to people hoping they will pay them? I realize my charge is VERY small, but I'm sure other people are being charged for things they didn't do, as well. Now their website is down. Either the NTTA is scamming people or someone hacked their system and is scamming.
Apparently this was a Dillard's truck and it was "assigned" to the wrong vehicle. ? They removed it from my account. Retracting complaint.
More North Texas Toll Authority Complaints & Reviews
- NTTA - overcharging 
- North Texas Tollway Authority - violation 
- NTTA - zip cash 
- NTTA - over billing 
- NTTA - civil rights
- North Texas Tollway Authority [NTTA] - ntta payment not received
- North Texas Tollway Authority [NTTA] - customer support
- North Texas Tollway Authority [NTTA] - unprofessional disrespectful employee
- North Texas Tollway Authority - charged for someone else's car/tolls 
- North Texas Tollway Authority - ntta overcharging on unpaid tolls with overwhelming fees & fines and threatening arrest