North Texas Nissan / these are some very bad folks!

North Texas Nissan is a new/used car dealership located in Denton, Texas. I can't think of a single thing that went right about the deal I ended up with. They quoted me a price of $24,500 for a truck on a 39 month purchase (and spent a long time convincing me that this was a great deal, having shorter pay out). Now on this day, I had to be at work because of a meeting and I was in a hurry. My fault. I should have walked out! I was buying the truck for my husband's birthday and figured I was dealing with a reliable firm.

Then I get to the finance guy, a well spoken, attractive young man from Nigeria. Complete with family pictures. I told him, repeatedly and ad finum, that I did no want the extended warranty program. I will extend the warranty when the existing one ends at 35,000 miles. Much cheaper that way. I start signing papers and midway through discover that instead of a 39 month purchase plan, I have a 48 month lease with a baloon payment that makes the car cost somewhere around $37,000. I get very upset and he starts talking about credit and finally mollifies me…I really did want the car for my husband. I get done, I am leaving and they want me to inspect the car. I explain that vision is bad, particularly up close and, since it is for my husband he needs to do. They insist I can't leave without doing so….I do. When my husband looks, he sees the bb hole by the back door I missed, and the bumper dent I also missed. Naturally, they refuse to fix it. Now the final insult to injury. I start reading all my paperwork carefully. On the last document I signed, at the very bottom, is that darned warranty I had refused. The dude slipped it in anyway!

These are some very bad folks!!!!!! Be very careful when dealing with them and, honestly, I would avoid them like the plague! I have gotten several e-mails from other folks that have had the same problem or similar problem as I had so it sounds like a way of doing business for these guys!

Thanks, Helen

Comments

• Ni
      16th of Dec, 2007

This lady, helen, obviously does not know what she is talking about. There is no balloon.. it is a residual ... set in stone by nissan that she can refinance at the end of the term IF she decides to keep it.. she can buy, sell , or trade the vehicle in at anytime. This is information that is gone over with someone in the finance department before she signs just like i did. North texas nissan is a very reputable dealership and would recommend anyone to go and get a new vehicle from them just like i did!

• Pa
      26th of Sep, 2008

North Texas Nissan is the last place I would purchase a car from. They are shady characters. I will now be leasing a Altima for 6 years when we talked about 3 year lease.
    Since the dealership is out of business the new dealership does not want to clean up their mess. I see on line that North Texas Nissan will full of crooks and and there is a long time of unsatisified customers.

• Su
      15th of Jan, 2011

Very bad experience! Bait and switch is their MO. I called about a car listed on the Internet with VIN #. Having to drive 2 hrs to get there I wanted to be sure that the car was still there. I called twice both times was assured that the car was there. When we arrived the car was not there. They offered an older car with more miles and $8, 000 more. We left. As we were driving home we stopped at Grubbs Nisson and purchased a car. Grubbs was a great experience and I would highly recommend them. Avoid Texas Nisson of Grapevine like the plague!