Nokia Yearly Promotion / scam

1 South Africa Review updated:

I reiceived an sms on my mobile phone that my number has won R250 000.00 in the Nokia Yearly Promotion and that I must call Mr Martin Morgan and give my ticket no to claim my money. I asked him to e-mail me proof that I realy won the money and he e-mailed me a certificate that said that I have won in the Nokia lottery. He told me to e-mail him all my details. He called me and asked me if I could come to the U.K. to sign the papers I told him no. He called again and told me he has e-mailed me a letter telling that I have to pay R1134 for the avidavit from the U.K. high court. Thank goodness I went on to Nokia's website and became aware of the scam.

De

Comments

• Gr
      31st of May, 2010

i received an sms stating that i won 95.000 from nokia yearly prom0tion.when i phoned phindile ndlovu she said i should buy 180 by 3 worth of mtn airtime.my name is granny.

• Gr
      31st of May, 2010

i received an sms stating that i won 95.000 from nokia yearly promotion.when i phoned phindile ndlovu she said i should buy 180 by 3 worth of mtn airtime and send the voucher numbers to her.

• Me
      30th of Dec, 2010

I received the same sms this morning and after calling Patricia Dube and hearing a baby in the background and a very sleepy or disinterested "Nokia" rep I decided to do a google search. These people should be prosecuted.

• As
      12th of May, 2011

I just received a msg frm number +27823406835 and it said my mobile no has won R250, 000 in Nokia Yearly Promotion. Ref No (FA286) and for claim call Brenda Nkosi on (0739429526). I really think that these people are disgusting and should be punished for this.

• Cl
      13th of May, 2011

Got the same sms she has even given me an address and that i needed to buy a Telkom Voucher to the value of R250 then call her quote the Telkom ref number on the voucher then will they issue me with a cheque

• Mx
      22nd of Aug, 2011

I almost send them the air time to me they asked for 220 when I asked them why the do not take on the money that they say I won they did not tell me why that is where I saw that those people they are scam

• Cu
      8th of Sep, 2011

Received a similiar SMS from +27796166853 stating that I should phone Mark Morris on 0718224270.
    This is obviously a scam, if Sim cards have to be RICA'd can these people not be traced and prosecuted ? Can you a charge be layed ?