nokia uk / Fraud and cheating!

Yesterday I've got a text message from Nokia UK saying that I won 172,000 pounds from the Nokia Mobile Promo. I've send them an e mail which is (nokia.promo@uk2.net and to call at +[protected]) and got a reply at once but i did not tried to call yet as I was worried that this might not be true. They send me an e mail and telling to fill up the form most is personal details though there is no bank account mention still I am worried that it's another scam. I have a bit doubt too because the sender is really NOkia company. Usually if it a scam there will always a number that shows but because it came from Nokia itself that's why I feel like it's true but of course with the technology now a days there are lots of smart people that using their brain in wrong doing to others. But after reading some complains I am now in doubt!

A  9th of Aug, 2007 by
Cecelia, I've posted a comment on other queries relating to this - looks like a scam to me. I'm also in Brunei and received the message today - I've done some digging and it looks like this message has been going about since at least Jan 2006. The spelling on the message makes it unlikely (in my opinion) to have come from Nokia UK and the Nokia website makes no mention of a promotion. I'd say a scam for sure.

A  9th of Aug, 2007 by
I also received similar message yesterday 9 August 2007. They ask me to contact 44-704-570-3930 email enquiry.nokia.inc@uk2.net from NOKIA UK. I think this could be a scam.

N  9th of Aug, 2007 by
I received notice (sms) that my cell number has won 91 000,00 pounds in NOKIA MOBILE PROMO and to call +44-702-409-1247 and e-mail uk@uk2.net.

Is this legitimate? Should i make contact or is this a scam?
A  15th of Aug, 2007 by
I got the same message. GBP 172,000-00. Can Nokia Please confirm whether this is genuine? E.mail message with form says it's the 142nd draw & in same message further on it is stated that it is the first draw. Since its an "Annual" event, this possibly infers that mobile phones have been around for 142years???
A  16th of Aug, 2007 by
I receive an sms saying i won 91000 GBP form the on going nokia mobile promo for claim call +44-704-572-7507 and emailnokiapromo@uk2.net.
After i mailed they send me some claim form which it look so real on Nokia logo but i didn't want to believe that so i sent an email back saying they should tell me where on the Nokia side can i see that my number has won the prize? The claims forms state that i should no claim on nigeria for africa country the address and infor on Nigeria are:

Nokia Nigeria
4th Floor Left Wing Coscharis Plaza
68A Adeola Odeku Street
Victoria Island
Lagos. Nigeria

A  18th of Aug, 2007 by
I've just received the same message as khonzani and iris did.. :) i guess this confirms it then, i've just received one of the latest scam from nigeria. To think i almost called them, thanks guyz. FYI... do you know that those people are also involve in the recent "internet swiss investment" stuff.

I hope those people responsible for this would get what they deserve.
A  18th of Aug, 2007 by
I also received the same message like others. Good god, if it was real, but when i browse to the site, to my surprised i automatically believed it was a scam... Who wouldn't want to be a millionaire? You tell me??

Well thank god, i didn't fall into 'their' trap. False hope indeed eh :) One thing for sure, as a big name, i referred to NOKIA, should make action, well at least a security system or whatever u called it to take measures or actions to prevent this... well I'm not mastered in it but yea, do something... its their image and responsibilities as what matters...

Yea i hope 'those' people get what they deserve...
A  19th of Aug, 2007 by
Owh my goodness! Luckily I searched in the googles. Btw, I am also a Bruneian. I've received the "same" txt today (just now actually). It says I won (GBP)91,000.00 in the Nokia Mobile Promo and to call +447045733211 and email nokiauk@uk2.net.

At first I thought it must be my lucky lucky day as today is my birthday. Talking about surprise present eh. Haha. But what makes me suspicious is that, I never entered any lucky draws or some sort that give away my "Brunei Line Number" that could make myself won anything in Pounds!

So I must add that this must be a scam. I really hope the Nokia company can do something about it and could've save a lot of innocent people.
N  20th of Aug, 2007 by
My friend's mother also received an sms stating that she won so much pounds. Tell you the truth this is a scam. The first time she told me this something triggered in my mind that this is a scam. Fellows Do not send out your personal details. They want to prove their intelligence to us. At first they don't normally ask for bank details. My advise is to ignore these text messages from them because it seems as if this is a revolving sms. Ask yourself Where did I enter a competition. Nokia should do something about these as far as I can see Nokia is not fighting for Nokia users. My friend's mother have a Nokia phone, What phone you've got on your side? If Nokia ask yourself Don't they use a unique CODE to track down a number of your SIM?

Don't trust and fill in your personal details on the Internet(Web). One last thing. They sent her an email address ending with @yahoo.co.uk on one of the complaints it ends with @uk2.net. If this was true they would have used one unique email address.

God doesn't like Competitions because of issues like this one.

Prove me wrong!
A  22nd of Aug, 2007 by
Nokia has responsibility to explain for those stupid rubbish massages.
A  23rd of Aug, 2007 by
The messages is true if received the money 2 days ago!!!
N  24th of Aug, 2007 by
I received the message from Nokia last week as well!

So any good suggestions on what to do with this? Ignore or what?
A  26th of Aug, 2007 by
My names are... well, if Nokia employs people in the uk that writes like that then imagine who designs their phones?
A  26th of Aug, 2007 by
Or maybe they should phone you, and after giving you the cheque invoice you for the call! Off 175K they could fly me the cheque ................
N  27th of Aug, 2007 by
I have come to the conclusion that this is another scam coming from Nigeria.

You have to pay 470 British pounds for delivery fees to get your tjek sent via courier to your address. They then take your money and you will never hear from them again. It can be very costly for example a South African who will lose R 7200.00.

If Nokia does not comment on all these letter, I want to appeal to all mobile phone owners to turn your backs on this company.
A  28th of Aug, 2007 by
A scam for sure. Received message from nokia phone nr. 0044-704574-3467. E-mail nokia-uk@uk2.net message did not delivered. It came back. Now this Dr.Floyd is not answering his phone.
N  29th of Aug, 2007 by
Nokia is one of the largest companies all over the world one would expect from them to answers all this emails of clients in doubt due to the fact that if it is a scam there good name is effected worldwide. It has become quiet clear now that they dont care about the fact that somebody is using their name to rip-off their users and clients. I haven't received any answer from them as of yet which i find very disappointing. Well done Nokia for leaving us all in doubt!!!
A  1st of Sep, 2007 by
tell me the truth
A  3rd of Sep, 2007 by
I need the money
A  5th of Sep, 2007 by
What is going on all this comments and no one replays is this some kind of a joke. It is not funny at all.