Nokia - Nokia N-72 / not working from day 1 and not giving replacement and not showing any care

India Review updated:

Bought Nokia N-72 on 5th Nov,2007 from Nokia Priority Dealer at Guwahati " Tirupati Communication", G S Road (Opp Bora Service Guwahati vide Bill No: TC/06-07/11985 dated 05.11.07 at a cost of Rs 9300/. As initially battery is not fully charged, the set could not be tested properly. I thought Nokia is quality (from TV advertisement) and without any hesitation paid the amount. After charging the battery next day, I found the set's display does not work, shaking and blur display. As I stay 270 KM away, I had to go to Guwahati on day of Diwali 10th Nov,07(sat day). But found the shop closed. On sunday finding the shop half open I asked for a replacement, but he refused to give replacement, rather asked me to go to Nokia Service Centre near B baruah College. When I said " This set I have not even used a day, pl give me a replacement" He said " Even if it is just bought an hour earlier and the set does not work Nokia does not give replacement. It is only warranty. Nokia will only repair during warranty period. We are only seller we do not entertain any complaint. For complaint you are to go to service centre only. I asked for complaint book. He said " We do not have complaining system. Once Nokia set is bought, only repairing is possible at service centre. Is NOKIA really like this ? I told the dealer " Why did not tell me before buying ? At least for other customer, pl inform and display saying " We only sell. Mobile once sold will never be replaced. For repair, pl go to Nokia Service Centre. There is no complaining system." Now I am just waiting with the new defective set. What to do ? It is Nokia. Hopeless set, Hopeless service, hopeless behaviour. Shall Nokia ever replace the set ? Shall ever Nokia management give some importance on customer complaint ? Shall Nokia make any customer complaint system ?

Comments

Sm
  8th of Aug, 2008
Same had happend to me also.I bought one Nokia N72. I faced lot of problems like Mr.Pankaj Kr.Barua with the set. I had to visit Nokia Service Centre for three times . Finally my set was replaced along with the battery charger. Since I am staying in Guwahati it was easier to visit Nokia Service Centre for me but what will happen to persons staying away from Guwahati. That is why Nokia should establisjhed service centre like Maruti everywhere. Now though the set is working but I am not satisfied. The set is hopeless one. People should not purchased it.
One starnged think I had noticed in Guwahati that Nokia phones are sold not in sealed cover; it is in open condition.When I objected the priority dealer said that unless it is opended how the customer will be able to inspect the set. But in place like Delhi, Mumbai the customer will not accept the set if the seal of the box is in opened condition.

Smt.Minarva Hazarika
Guwahati.
Hi
  27th of Oct, 2008
Dear sir,

Pls help me wht can i do recently i purchase N 72 but in that now i face network problem and cant receive phone without head set. Pls tell me wht can i do. give me replacement as soon as possible. because my working condition is depends on my cell if it not works properly then their is big loss for me and my company.
Regards,