Nokia Mobile Reward Scheme / beware - it's a scam!

Verification confirmation requirement mail:

Congratulations, we the staffs of nokia congratulate you as one of the lucky winners on this year nokia mobile reward scheme.in line with the commemorating event with nokia ukmarking our 142nd anniversary we rolled out over & pound;46, 000.000.00 (fourty six million great britain pounds) for their 142nd anniversary draws. all participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn form 25, 000 company mobile numbers, and 30, 000, 000 individual mobile numbers from the 45 mobile networks from australia, new zealand, north america, south america, europe, asia and africa as part of international promotions program, which is conducted annually in britain, london. your mobile number has been selected at random by our computer system of networking and has won for you the sum of & pound;110, 000.00 gbp (one hundred and ten thousand great british pounds) and all information concerning the facilitation of your claims will commence as soon as you fill and return the nokia mobile reward scheme verification requirements {section b and c} below this message.

Note: your mobile number tagged to your winning verification number is
Verification no. : nmr/77/dfac/12

Every section on this mail must be to the best of your knowledge and must be correct to avoid any form of falsification which could render the information useless and might lead to disqualification.

Note the following terms and condition
Any falsification of your details will render you disqualified because you will be assumed to be impersonating.
You are required to send a copy of your passport or drivers license along with the claims requirement.
Friend and relatives cannot redeem your won prize on your behalf because the certified cheque is covered by an irrevocable guarantee bond (igb).

To avoid double claim, impersonation and disqualification, all winning information should be kept strictly confidential.

Your won prize is consisting of a nokia n95 series mobile phone and a sealed world bank cheque of 110, 000 pounds issued out in your name [which will be handed over to you in person and you will be receiving assistance from the diplomats coming to you in person] and all nokia original documents regarding this promotion will be handed over to you as well.

Due to the amount of money coming in a cheque to you, it cannot be sent to your local delivery so thats is why we are going to use a diplomatic service delivery for the option you have chosen, and this diplomatic service will deliver your parcel to your doorstep and to whose signatory is on the nokia payment release form.

Section b

Verification requirements for prize claim
Form no. uae01/00

Choose a delivery option you can afford conveniently and the desired option will be in charge of delivering your won prize to you as you will be contacted directly from the airport on arrival.

Fedex courier

Ups

Mailing: 300 gbp []
72 hours delivery

Note the following…
We have paid for your insurance and you are gauranteed a safe and reliable delivery. also note that you are going to make payment for your delivery before delivery is initiated.

Most importantly, you must understand that your mobile no. / email address was selected at random from our computer network system which was entered simultaneously into the nokia mobile raffle draw. therefore you have been notified on your number and email as one of the lucky winners who will benefit from this year nokia mobile company. we look forward to provide the quality of our services to you.

Section c
Fill in your details carefully in the spaces provided below:

*beneficiary's name :jagicza józsef

*winning mobile number:+[protected]

*verification number:____________________________________

*delivery address{not p. o. box}: 7140 bátaszék, józsef a. u. 18. hungary

__________________________________________________________

*passport no. : ___________________________________________

Next of kin [your brother/sister] : _______________________________________________

*declaration: I hereby send my details/information herein this mail to continue the process/claim of my won prize from nokia mobile promo. you have to accept or decline from the option below to be able to continue claims.

I agree { + } I do not agree { }

Va

Comments

La
  19th of Nov, 2008

I have recieved a similar email and I was so concerned whether it is a scam or real. I emailed the person, Paul Richardson of 2 Queen Anne's Gate London SWIH 9AA United Kingdom.

I was emailed the Verification Confirmation Requirement mail and the Payment Release Form and send back so my prize money of 110, 000 pounds could be processed.

I seemed so real and I don't know what to do. When I asked if my prize money could be deposited into my account instaed of paying the huge delivery fee. I was advised, its not possible because of regualtions. I have to pay the delivery fee of almost 400 pounds which is equivalent of 1700 papua New Guinea kina.

I have emailed the British High Commission in Papua New Guinea for verification but have not heard from them yet.

I want to know if this is a scam or real. I cannot pay for deliver, unless I know its genuine. I still have not sent back the Verification Conformation Requirement mail and the Release Form yet.

The Promotion coordinator's contact in Uk is Phon: +44 704 575 7280 and fax : +44 700 601 2913.

If it is a scam I am not worried but it just not right for people to prey on the unsuspecting. If I have won a prize, well its luck at its best.

Hu
  7th of May, 2009

nokia has left us cofused we want an answer from thr horses mouth.your silence will not help.It makes nokia party to any wrong doing

Ke
  20th of Oct, 2010

I AGREE THAT NOKIA MOBILE should do something and comment on this.i also received a similar text that i won 100, 000 pounds and i checked NOKIA website and swa the picture of Dr hENNING Kagermann, the man that purpottedly sent me the verification is this real or another scam?my email address is kemsala2000@yahoo.co.uk

Ew
  19th of Nov, 2010

I received a message on 17th November, 2010, reading that my mobile number has won 100, 000pounds in 2010 Nokia uk promotion with ref. no: NK417, verification no: BLT/55/TKY/0128. I was advised to call Dr. Henning Kagermann on phone number +44-703-190-7791 which I did. He urged me to contact Mrs Felicia Brown of CCS Courier Service for immediate delivery of my prize. He also told me that the sum of 13500 Naira is going to be paid for delivery charges. please, I want to know the truth of this message. My e-mail is ( ewesomedegreat@yahoo.com) and my mobile phone number is 2348069564225. thanks for your assistance.
Alex.

Ew
  19th of Nov, 2010

The complaint betray my believe in any lottery messages in any form.

Ji
  12th of Jun, 2012

i was sent a message dat i won 70, 000pounds is dat true

An
  4th of Oct, 2012

I have also been sent similar mail from one Dr. Mark Eastwood, the mail claims that he is Nokia Chief Financial Officer.After reading through some comments i have concluded that this is a scam, because i believe there cant be more than one financial officer as there are other names claiming to be Chief Financial Officer.
I want to believe that Nokia is in support of this scam, if not why wont they have gotten a solution to it or at least check mate the people behind this.Nokia is too big a company to let this fly and you will be doing your ardent customers a realy big favour by addressing this issue.
I would like to be updated on whatever actions or steps Nokia would be taking to combat this scam, my email address is olaolu101975@yahoo.co.uk and my phone number is +234 802 3078828.

Sa
  4th of Oct, 2012

I also got recent message that i got prize $3, 000, 000. is it true or scam. if it is true let me know. my email is sabi_up1994@yahoo.com

11th of Oct, 2012

Hi

This is scam. Please ignore it.

For further detail, Please visit this link : http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/08/the-nokia-lottery-isnt-real-dont-fall-for-it/

Thanks
Nokia India Team

Locating a Nokia Care Centre (NCC) is very Easy !
SMS “NCC” & send it to 55555, within few seconds you will receive the list of NCCs in that city.

Nc
  9th of Oct, 2013

wtf i got the same mail of nokia reward... i just replied all there queries casually with no intention to claim any reward as i knew they are fake... next day i got a call from MR. JOHN AYE... he told me to that i have to send some indian rupees around 20k to his account for some airport clearance charges... he sent me his a/c no. i.e 333152792292... wtf.. i told him i dont wanna claim any award.. i quit.. n the person is forcing me to claim its promising we have mailed u everything... hah finally i got rid of him after scolding.. :P BE AWARE GUYS ITS A SCAM