Nissan Canada / leasing and product quality

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416-495-2375

I leased a 2004 Nissan Altima,
Quality
when I got to the 60k the dealer said I had to change the rotor and pads cost about $700 only for front break. Later my battery died about 62k milege and the tires needed to be change.
comparing to other cars that I had with same driving it is very low quality, I change the pads on Toyota about 80k, same as the battery and tires lasted.

Service
Service department are very pushy on selling you their products. tried different dealership of nissan and all are the same.

Nissan Canada rules on leasing

I wanted to return the car 4 months earlier and pay till end of my lease end. Nissan wants to charge me $500 penalty on returning my car early.(It is very understandable Volvo, Mercedes,Toyota,Honda,Bmw does not have penalty fee if you pay till end of your lease term as i dealt with them before)

Business Manager where I leased the car admited this is redecules rules of nissan and it is a big rip off.

Nissan sales person are not very educated on leasing and financing packages neither their manager. I have been told i can return the car anytime I want without a penalty and asked them to cross over the extra fee's . they said it is negotiable when I am ready to return the car now I got traped.

Normaly a company who loosing money they are geting agressive on their non-sense rules and wants additional fees.

Even you can Not have the car lease take over by third party if 6 months or less left on your lease agreement.(it could be the same with other manufacturer too)

Now I am not happy with Nissan and do not recomend their product to anyone.

Comments

Ja
  8th of Jan, 2008

On the plus side>>superb handling and accident avoidance
capability.

On the negative side >>absolutely ridiculous that you still
make cars with side mirrors that do not fold, this is a technology that has been around for more than ten years

In fact I have this feature on my 1998 Maxima

Not having this feature on my 2005 Altima has resulted
in many broken mirrors , particularly on passenger side,no doubt broken by pedestrians.

Can this feature be installed on my present ALTIMA (2005)

It would also be nice if you could improve the riding quality
(slightly softer ride and less ROLL

Am
  5th of Feb, 2008

Subject: Complain against bad behaviour of Nissan dealership at “WEST END NISSAN EDMONTON”
Dear Sir, I feel disgusting and wondering that what the behavior of such a big company is.

My name is Amjad Aziz. I have Nissan Sentara 2001. My car was broken last summer in June. Iam living in a town name WHITERCOURT. I towed away my car to city and the nearest dealership for Nissan is “WEST END NISSAN” Edmonton. I was sitting there for the whole day but they didn’t find the fault .They advised me to come again in the morning. I went next morning , SUPERVISOR NAME “SUSAN SHAH” was there she told me that your car didn’t fix yet so I borrow a rental car for you on behalf of Nissan when your car will fix then you will put this car back to rental guys. My car was fixed in 14 days and I visited there 3-4 times there and keep remembering the supervisor that I got rental car on Nissan behalf. Now rental guys phone me that Nissan didn’t pay the bill and you will pay the bill. I went there couple of days ago, then I met the sales manager,

SALES MANAGER NAME: NORMAN
He is very rude and ill-mannered person. SUPERVISOR “SUSAN SHAH” left the job so he refused to pay the bill. He told me that we don’t have rules and regulation to pay your bill.
Customers don’t know the rules and regulations but yours employees knows the rules, if somebody says like this then they keep their words. Rental guys “BUDGET RENTALS” they charge me 445$ on my credit card.

My Name: Amjad Aziz