Nextdoor / banned

1 Lake Elsinore, CA, United States

Nextdoor's guidelines are not clear and are very confusing.

I made a mistake when posting trying to sell something on Nextdoor and immediately corrected it by taking down the offending post.

Not soon enough apparently. A complaint was made against me through Nextdoor about advertising my business and now I've been banned from Nextdoor.

I'm never rejoining Nextdoor again. Their actions seem very arbitrary and very excessive (who wants to belong to something that's so heavy handed). If I had had to use it during the recent fires to communicate with neighbors, I would have been fearfully and frantically out of luck.

I'm not saying it's so, but Nextdoor could be used as a revenge by other neighbors who would want you banned for just about anything.

Of course there is no phone number to call because Nextdoor does all of its customer service through email. If you want to appeal, you have do it through email, which I did, but I got a very sterile and clinical response back that pretty much told me what I already knew with no information on how to lift the ban.

Some social media companies are good. Nextdoor isn't one of them.

Re