Newsub Magazine Services / Misleading and Deceptive Business Practices!

The way this company purposely misleads people is horrible! My husband and I returned from living overseas on a military deployment to find all these magazines we never ordered. (They claim we ordered them from Delia's, but that is simply not true--all we did was order a Christmas gift of clothing for a family member from a clothing catalog.) These were not magazines we were interested in or read! And we certainly wouldn't have had them sent to our suspended state-side address so that they would be 2-3 years old by the time we even saw them!!! Then, when we tried to contact Newsub Magazine via the phone number on our credit card statement, it was automated crap that not only did not cancel our subscriptions as it said it would, but continued to renew them and charge our credit card over and over again! I only found their website ( https://www.magcustomerservice.com/wss/home.do#top ) through numerous online complaints about this company on on-line blogs. Even at that, their website purposely uses deceptive and confusing language in the cancellation process (for example, if you click YES under the cancellation questions, it is worded in such a way that you are actually renewing your subscription instead of cancelling it! And there are several screens of these confusing/misleading questions. It is crazy). Newsub has HORRIBLE customer service--deceptive selling practices--charging credit cards without permission--if that is not fraud it should be! I urge all of you cheated by this company to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

Comments

• He
      2nd of Dec, 2008
    Newsub Magazine Services - charged my credit card without authorization for 4 magazines
    Newsub Magazine Services
    1910 Tunbridge Dr.
    Richmond

I have 4 magazine subscriptions that I want to cancel. Magsub Magazines lead me to believe that I was getting a credit for the magazines, they charged to my credit card account without authorization. When I went back to rectify the cancellation they refused the cancellation.
    Heidi L. Hrobuchak

• Do
      3rd of Dec, 2008

This is a very deceptive practice. They combine your cancellation request with another 12 issues for a dollar. Of course we don't want the 12 issues so you answer no.

Then they misdirect all future attempts to call them through the same automated system that got your money to begin with.

The people that run this company are not common thieves that just take, they take your money and send you something that you do not want. Then they disregard any complaint or attempt to get a refund.

I will never be orering magazines from any company that does business with these hoods