Newsmax.com / They specialize in spam

United States Review updated:

They specialize in spam. If you subscribe, you will get several messages each day from them and other "partners" who would just love for you to subscribe to their service for a fee. Furthermore, any news they do send you is slanted towards the tea party and reads more like propaganda than news. If you tell them to stop spamming you, they ignore you and send you more. This company is associated with MoneyNews.com and AfterShock.

Comments

• Cs
      Aug 29, 2011

As a current employee of Newsmax Media Inc., I am very familiar with the procedure used for unsubscribing from our email list. We include a link to unsubscribe from any emails we send, which is in the email for easy use.

Also a customer may unsubscribe by calling, or emailing, our Customer Service Department. Our contact information is also included at the bottom of every email and we strictly adhere to our Privacy Policy of NOT sharing your contact information with anyone.

Our Privacy Policy can be reviewed here:

We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction and hope to hear from you soon.

• Cl
      Apr 01, 2018

@CS1422 I get 4 to 5 newsmax spans a day every day. I have done everything to stop it. It keeps coming. I am now putting together a class action law suit together and several youtubes about. Too bad this worthless company hire people like you to lie for them!

• Sy
      Oct 31, 2011

I think the employee of Newsmax is deluding him/herself that they respond to removal requests. I have made multiple requests to be removed but so far they've been ignored and the spam keeps on coming. Why do I call it spam if I signed up for it in the first place? Because it's presented very poorly as if a backroom spammer had composed it, even including caps and odd colours, and because it's mostly GOP propaganda and thusly full of BS. But no matter, I've now filtered the messages out and no longer receive them.

Jan 07, 2012

Exactly my experience except for that since I have unsubscribed, the flood of promotional emails and political propaganda seems to have stopped. What is worse is that they have defrauded people with credit card charges (they tried with me as well), see the complaint "More people should file official complaints about Newsmax.com" incl. my comment, as well as the complaints regarding Newsmax posted on other websites (just do a search for "Newsmax fraudulent" or similar search strings).

• Sy
      Jan 11, 2012

I had to call them to be removed and unsubscribe, at which point the spam stopped. It should not be necessary to make that call; the unsubscribe button should work!

• Un
      Jan 28, 2013

I've tried 6 times over 2 months to unsubscribe to all the newsletters they automatically signed me up for. No success. Another email via their web-based contact form didn't work either. They are spammers, pure and simple. It is unwanted and unsolicited information that won't stop.

• Ml
      Jan 28, 2013

This company is evil!! I have NO idea how I ended up on their email list, and have tried to unsubscribe repeatedly. No luck. Now I get several annoying, blatantly right wing emails (read: SPAM) per day and can't seem to make it stop! Horrible horrible practices and frankly, not at all surprising considering their political slant. I'll try calling them next.

• Tr
      Feb 01, 2013

They have been ignoring my unsubscribe requests for over a week.

• Yo
      Feb 03, 2013

I have used their unsubscribe link on every email from them that I get, yet the spam volume has actually increased.

• Ro
      Jun 16, 2016

The newsmax site is a mess. They keep putting ads througout their articles, making it hard not to hit their link. Half the time one can't log in to the comments section. The system just goes into a revovlving sub routine. Also, the emails I get from all their sponsers is rediculous with 5-6 per day. The whole site is conflicting. I surmised that, that is their game. It is how they attract people to comment. Once there, you are hit with all these adds. Their IT is surely lacking in capacity, as it gets bogged down to the point of a denial of service attack. I will stay away from it from now on.

• Ba
      Sep 25, 2017

Spammers. I receive mail from them despite having never subscribed, and the "unsubscribe" and "privacy settings" links in these messages do not work: they are simply emails with no instructions as to what to say. As if saying anything would make spammers stop.

May 05, 2018

i keep unsubscribing from their right wing diatribe but still they keep coming. How may i report this abuse.

• Cl
      Oct 21, 2018

I am in the process of creating a massive Class action lawsuit against newsmax. I also have a personal lawsuit for many millions against them. They will served soon. Anyone willing to join this lawsuit and has legitimate evididence of spamming, expecailly from google, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.