Newport Cigarettes / durrability

hi my name is brian, i have benn purchaseing newports for about a year now and im just fed up with the box stateing crush proof box. but every day i go to work or is with friends/family the box and cigarettes get crushed and ruined. i just wanted to know why a box of cigarettes states crush proof when they just get ruined anyway. i am just disgusted. i will not be purchasing newport cigarettes any more, thank you.

Comments

Jh
  1st of Sep, 2009

I have the same problem on top of the last about 12 packs I have bought the ciggs keep burning out and I have to keep relighting them. I can not find a number any place to call them and complain

Es
  21st of Mar, 2011

It's state law now that all cigarettes need to "burn out" if you don't puff on them to stop fires and such when people fall asleep with cigarettes. The only problem is, for smokers like me who don't puff hard and smoke slow, we do have to light our cigarettes again. And relighting cigarettes makes the cigarette stronger and more potant to create cancer. But hey, it stopped me from burning holes in my clothes once or twice.

Di
  1st of Jul, 2011

i just started for the past 6 mo buying newport non menthol...i switched from another brand. i found out that they are cheaper but they are not good. when i want to put them out before finishing they bend. they are not packed tight no matter what i pound. i will not be buying them any more. i rather pay the extra dollar for marlboro. i feel like i got cheated. ...you try to put them out and they bend. cant even put em out. you need to pack em tighter. ...like i said ...im switching back to marlboro...newport red stinks.