Newport Cigarettesmenthol 100 cigarettes

J Nov 12, 2018

The last few packs of Newport 100 menthols I've purchased have been stale/half empty of tobacco. If I don't pack the cigarettes they are so loose that a lot of the tobacco just falls out of the cigarette. If I do pack them I have about a half inch of paper at the end of my cigarette and down by the filter the cigarette bends and they break easily. Plus they are almost stale and taste funny as soon as I open the pack. As much as these cigarettes cost I would expect to have a fresh cigarette that is full of tobacco, not this loose, stale version of a Newport...what happened here? Am I the only one that has noticed this, am I just being picky? Or has the quality of Newport cigarettes drastically declined lately?

• Mi
    Mike Scalf Nov 28, 2018

I've actually noticed the same exact thing myself. The cigarettes taste horrible. Newport 100's are the number one sold cigarette at the gas station I purchase purchase from so old stock is not the problem. As I complained to the manager of the gas station several other folks said they to have noticed a stale cigarette flavor as well. I pay close to $9 per pack and expect a fresh cigarette.

• De
    Dennisbonvi Oct 07, 2019

I'm getting ot of stale packs lately. Not just you. As much as I'd hate to change manufacturers they may leave me no other choice.