Nevada State Bank / Very POOR customer service

1 NV, United States Review updated:

After opening a new checking account with NSB, I was informed that it would take 12 day to receive my debit card. 12 days passed with receipt. I contacted Stacy at the 800 number and was told that a card had never been ordered. As I told her about my eminent departure on a multi-month International trip, it was imperative that I receive this card ASAP or I would not have availability of my funds for the entire trip. Since opening the account I had made many changes for fund payments as well as funding for this account. She contacted the bank Manager, Mary Rourke. Now I can understand that mistakes happen, though no one is taking any responsibility for the error of not ordering my card, Mary had the opportunity to resolve the issue by ordering a 'rush' for my card. She has refused to do this as it would incur a $30 fee on behalf of the bank. After I went to the person that had opened up my account, Sandra, reminding her of her repeated assertions that I would be happy with NSB, she again went to Mary to request a 'rush'. Sandra had been aware of my International trip from the time the account was opened. Mary again had the authority to resolve this situation, but refused. This level of customer service is totally unacceptable. It is a level of service that would not even get accepted in third world countries. I so regret the day that I ever walked into NSB and will recommend to many that they do not do business with this company.

Comments

• 2s
      17th of Dec, 2010

Not sure why you would condone such poor service by the bank unless your name is Mary Rourke. By the banks admission, I had allowed plenty of time as they told me 12 days. They also had the opportunity to 'fix' the issue by order the 'rush' service, they just have chosen not to and to leave the customer hanging in the wind. They are clearly the ones that created this problem, then have made me pay for it!!

PS I think I'm a little more savvy as a world traveler than you are Stealth Pilot.

• Ab
      18th of Dec, 2010

###

• 2s
      18th of Dec, 2010

Flying from one AF base to another hardly makes you a world traveler. Most AF pilots don't even get enough flying hours to get a job with a commercial airline. I can see from your many posts that you regularly insult the consumer and support poor banking service. Non the less this site is to inform the public of complaints. The bank was totally negligent in not ordering my card (the first thing they had to do for me) and then refused to rectify it (Mary Rourke, Nevada State Bank) when they had not only the chance, but the obligation. Have a nice day HONEY!