Net-A-Porter — terrible customer service
Net a porter are charging £10 for delivery in the UK using DHL. This is a very high delivery charge for the cost of my goods and much higher than most other online retailers. The problem is the courier service only delivers 9-5 on weekdays, which is not exactly convenient for busy people who are ordering expensive clothes from the internet. Such people are generally at work, earning money, apparently so that they can pay extortionate delivery costs. When I called to try and find an alternative to spending a few hours after work taking public transport to get to the depot which is in the middle of nowhere, they suggested I upgrade to the Premier service for (bargain!) £19.50.
They can deliver to a 'corporate' address apparently but I work in a hospital with a centralised postal service and it would not work.
I live in London, I wish I had just gone to the shop. Net-a-porter are not helpful, do not care at all about the customer experience and use a rubbish, inconvenient courier service (when I called DHL to rearrange delivery for today via the automated system, it went through with no problem when in fact the parcel had already been returned to Net-a-porter). Royal Mail would have been better (can deliver to a local post office from which I could pick it up) and cheaper.
I will not be using Net-a-porter again.
More Net-A-Porter Complaints & Reviews
- Net-A-Porter.com - worst customer service I have encountered! 
- Net-A-Porter.com - be careful when you shop there, it's such a rip off 
- Net-A-Porter.com - net-a-porter scammed my money
- Net-A-Porter.com - online fraud assistance
- Net-A-Porter - order cancelled twice for no good reason...
- Net-A-Porter - order never shipped
- Net-A-Porter - service
- Net-A-Porter - customer care 
- The Net-A-Porter Group - incompetence of a customer services manager
- The Net-A-Porter Group - shopping & sending