Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning / Telemarketing

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Don't give them your number. They won't stop calling you to get more business even though they are not good. They will claim to clean your gutters for cheap, then try to up sell you for new gutters. If you call another local verified good gutter company, you will find that Ned Stevens did a horrible job on your gutters.
They will keep calling you claiming they are returning a missed call based on caller id.

Comments

• Ns
      29th of Dec, 2010

This is a bogus complaint from a competitor. We have been in business since 1965, we are A+ rated by the BBB, and nominated for the Honor Roll on Angie's List. We report gutter problems that we find and we call every customer whose call we missed. We take gutters seriously so that you don't have to. I challenge this "person" (who has only ever registered one complaint, in OUR name) to call me.

• Ph
      6th of Jan, 2011

I am afraid this is no bogus complaint, at least as it pertains to trying to sell customers additional work. Ned Stevens telemarketing is aggressive in my opinion. While I have no complaints about the actual cleaning work performed, Ned doesn't like that fact that I am not on a service plan. And at each cleaning request, I have to get the service plan pitch when I call to schedule, and then they call me up after to make the same pitch despite me repeatedly telling them I'll call when I determine the gutters need a cleaning. Also, because my gutters drip at the corners, each time they clean, I get a call that my gutters need to be replaced. Never-mind that these gutters are relatively new, and there is such a thing as "gutter caulk", Ned keeps telling me the only sure-fire way to stop the leaks is to pay approx $2, 000 to have the relatively new gutters replaced, and then Ned will gladly guarantee the gutters against future leaks. Gutter caulk, Ned says, doesn't last. Well, that's true enough, but gutters don't last forever either, and it's sure a hec of a lot cheaper to goop up the corners than it is to drop 2 large to stop some dripping. So Ned, since you read these complaints, you can read my typing: I am growing very weary of running the sale pitch gauntlet when I call for service, and I seriously thinking 2010 was your last year servicing my house.

• Ns
      20th of Jan, 2011

I am sorry you are upset. We have tried using every 'gutter caulk' on the market. If we could caulk every leaky gutter, we would do it. The problem is that it does not work, and we end up coming back time and time again to re-seal. It's like putting tape on a dusty table-- it will never hold. We only fix things the right way, and when it comes to leaking miters, unfortunately that means they have to be replaced. I assure you that we would make much more money in sealing everyone's leaky miters with a quick fix. But if I can't guarantee it, I don't do it. As for service plans, yes we offer them to all customers as a matter of routine, as it is what is best for them to avoid gutter problems. However, not every person wants one. I am sorry if you think we are being too assertive in doing so. We take this stuff pretty seriously and we feel it is our job to teach people what we have learned over the course of 47 years of only cleaning gutters. Again, I am very sorry for upsetting you!