NCO Financial / Harassment
NCO attempted to contact me in regards to a debt I had owed Capital One Auto Finance. My car was totaled in August 2006 and the loan was not fully covered by the insurance company and GAP insurance. Capital One discharged the total (which shows on my credit report as of 2/22/08).
Around the beginning of May 2007, I received a call from NCO, stating that I owed them the money. I had not received a single thing in the mail from them, not to mention it had already been discharged. I told them I did not owe the money, would not pay them anything and to not call me again.
They continued to call me, but I stopped answering their calls. Since they never left messages, this left them able to call several more times in a day. Soon after, I received a call from my father, stating that he received a call from NCO, at his home, in regards to me. They told him that I needed to contact them immediately. First of all, I NEVER give my fathers home number out, not even for reference purposes. Which means, they had to research to find my fathers number, in order to call him. I immediately called them and informed them not to call him again. I told the lady that what they were doing is illegal and harassing. She got rude with me and told me it was not, that they could do whatever they needed to do to get me to call them.
Two months later, even after telling them not to call my father again, they did. This time, they told him that they needed to verify my phone number and address. He told them he would verify it, if they gave him the information. Of course they told him they could not do that.
Tonight I filed a report with the FDCPA and advise anyone else who has a similar problem with NCO to do the same.
More NCO Financial Complaints & Reviews
- NCO Financial - Stop bothering me 
- NCO Financial - Debt collection letter on paid account
- NCO Financial - Scam and cheating!
- NCO Financial - False informaqtion provided. Rude, insulting managers. They don't want to hear you when you have a complaint
- NCO Financial - Atempting to collect on a paid off credit card
- NCO Financial - Harrassment and unprofessionalism 
- NCO Financial - Fraud 
- NCO Financial - NCO Financial Fraud
- NCO Financial - Inappropriate calling
- NCO Financial - HARRASING PHONE CALLS/ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT ON BILLS THAT HAVE BEEN PAID/PRIVACY HIPPA INFRACTION