Nationstar Mortgage / unlawful practices

May 7, 2015
Nationstar Mortgage LLC
Staten Island
Phone: 646-283-1320 212-582-9873
Between 2009 and 2013, I suffered a series of hardships. I was laid off three times due to downsizing, then in 2012, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I had surgery and it took over a year to recover and be able to go back into the workforce.
• Commencing in 2013, I entered into the process of loan modification negotiations with Bank of America. Shortly after the process began, Bank of America informed me that they had switched to Nationstar as their servicer and I was forced to submit all the paperwork over again. I then went for monthly modification negotiation meetings at Court and made the timely payments required. This process continued up until October 2014, when Bank of America withdrew their foreclosure action.
• The next day, I received two Certified letters from Nationstar saying that I was delinquent in my payments and that Nationstar was starting foreclosure actions against me. Impossible!
• My nightmare had only just begun.
• I noticed that I was not getting any other physical mail from Nationstar. Nationstar never sent me or my attorney any statements or other documentation confirming the payments I had been making. Also, my attorney was and is supposed to be copied on all correspondence from Nationstar and Nationstar has not done so. I had to go on-line to their website to get my statements and information.
• Upon viewing my account information on line, I found three more letters (which neither I nor my attorney ever received in the mail) saying that my payments were only partial and
Nationstar was keeping my account in “suspense” pending full payment. What does this mean? Now, Nationstar claims that I owe them about $8, 000.00 more due to fees and interest.
• Nationstar escrowed my taxes AFTER we agreed on a loan modification, making my monthly payment $500.00 more per month! This was not a part of the terms of my loan modification!
• I am a homeowner who wants to pay my mortgage, but even as an honest hard working individual, it is impossible to keep up with the alleged “fees” that Nationstar keeps adding on without cause. None of these “fees” were reflected in my loan modification, nor was any of this discussed in the loan modification negotiations with the representative from Bank of America at the pre-foreclosure meetings in Court.
• I cannot refinance because Nationstar consistently keeps reporting me late even though my mortgage loan has been modified and I have been making timely payments. Nationstar has also threatened to put this on my credit report, thereby making it impossible for me to ever get out of this twisted situation and ensuring that I have no future.
• It took me 10 years to save up enough money to put a down payment on my home. For the past twelve (12 ) years, I have been paying for my home and maintaining my home and Nationstar wants to take my home away from me even though I have complied and cooperated completely!
• I am a hard working professional and I will not walk away from my home! I have done NOTHING to deserve this and I intend to bring these unlawful practices by nationstar to an end!

Nationstar Mortgage Logo Nationstar Mortgage
8950 Cypress Waters Blvd.
+1 888 480 2432