Nationstar Mortgage / late statements & insurance scam

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Our mortgage was sold to nationstar by GMAC last fall. Their statements have been late since day one. We are receiving them about 3 to 4 days before due. When I called I was told to go online & could get a statement there to mail earlier if I wished. The problem is those aren't posted till about a week before due date either. I am very meticulous about bills, write them out at the 1st of the month. This causes me a lot of headache trying to keep track of it but even worse they tried the insurance scam of claiming we didn't have flood so they purchased for us. Our policy was prepaid & renewed until Sept. 09. When I called they claimed they had received a letter canceling the policy, couldn't tell me from whom though. Keeping an eye on this company, so far they are mostly a pain in the butt but I know I have to watch it with them.

Comments

29th of Jun, 2009

I was also a customer of GMAC until the beginning of this year. I had chosen GMAC because they were helpful in getting our Construstion-Perm loan in place and throughout the building process. Now, somehow I have become one of the unfortunate souls whose mortgage was sold to Nationstar.

At the end of 2008, I rec'd a Escrow Analysis statement from GMAC that reflected a $55 decrease on my monthly payment. After Nationstar took over, about 2 months into our new business relationship, I paid the "new" payment amount, but started getting calls from Nationstar. They tell me that my March payment was short (mind you, we are now into April) so it hasn't been posted as being paid. My money was sitting in limbo for a month while I tried to get any information on how my payment increased $125/month above the "new" amount that GMAC reported to me just last December. Nationstar told me that GMAC didn't evaluate my escrow properly. But I know for a fact that my taxes and insurance went down for this year, as I receive a copy of the statements as well.

After calling them and talking to customer "service" and escrow dept, I requested that they send me their evaluation of the escrow. I have requested this info 5 TIMES!!! I have tried to be a thorn in their sides for months, but still they have not faxed or mailed the breakdown to me, even now. However, when I called today to discuss a different matter, the CS rep told me that my payments were lower than the original amount reported to me by GMAC in December. But now, I have accrued late charges from the fact that I refused to pay the full payments NS said I owed monthly (I was only paying the same amount that I had been paying GMAC). Isn't that some funny business???

I have spoken to a real estate attorney, but he said that the company basically has rights to do whatever they want with your mortgage, with the exception of adjusting your principal or interest rate. But I guess that they can increase your payments, even to exorbitant amounts, via your escrow. Or, like my case, raise it when they feel like it; and when you become a thorn, drop it back down. This is shady business practices. I didn't sign up for this crap!

• Te
      15th of Jul, 2009

My wife is losing her home because of fraudulent practices by Nationstar mortgage. They are crooked they lie and they have a dirty judge pushing the paperwork through the courts, without proof of anything getting sent by certified mail. They paid for insurance and her taxes and triggered escrow illegally. She had Insurance on the house, she also pai her property taxes. This company is run by thieves. If you have a mortgage with them I would suggest refinancing with another company, before they steal your house. And of course we can't afford a lawyer to fight them. We're caught in a vicious cycle with them. CROOKS!!!