Nationstar Mortgage / overcharging

TX, US Review updated:

My loan was sold from Aurora Bank to Nationstar Mortgage as of July 1, 2012. When I received my first bill from Nationstar, is was for about $700 more than I was paying Aurora. I called to find out why (several transfers) and was told it was because I did not have home owner's insurance. I assured them that I did, and they asked to have my insurance company provide evidence of the insurance, which they did. The following month, the same $700 was on my invoice. I called again and was told it was because I did not have insurance. We went through the same routine of providing evidence of the insurance. I called to make sure they received the documentation and that I would not be charged an additional amount for something I already paid for. They told me they never received the documentation (I knew they were wrong, as I have had the same insurance agent at State Farm for over 20 years).

At this point, I insisted on a conference call between Nationstar and my insurance provider. Contact information was exchanged, evidence of my insurance was faxed in and the proof of the fax was sent to me. Nationstar never acknowledged receiving it. Instead, they paid Statefarm an addional 12 months on my premium and told me I owed them this money. I had no problem with and sent them the check for my annual premium of $1, 703. In spite of all this (now no fewer than 10 phone calls, each lasting 30-60 minutes), they would not acknowledge that I was insured and continued to bill me the extra amount.

In frustration, I would only pay the priniciple and interest that I was supposed to pay. As a result, these people had the gall to notify the credit agencies that I am late in my payments. I spent nearly two hours on the phone with them yesterday, insisting that they remove the additional escrow fee, acknowledging that I am insured and that they notify the credit agencies that I have never been late. They said they would put in my request and that it would take seven business days to get a response.

This company should be sued. My credit is being compromised because of their incompetence. The company refuses to do anything to correct their errors and I am the victim of their arrogance.

Comments

• Rh
      Oct 22, 2012

I know what you are going through with Nationstar Mortgage. For 6 months I tried to get accurate statements for my HELOC, but it was to no avail. Since the Customer Reps would not / could not help, in frustration I computed the pay-off balance and fully paid the note.
    After paying off the note Nationstar Mortgage had the gall to tell me that I could not have the original paid-off note returned to me. I was told that the original was required for audit purposes and copies of the original note would be returned. Nonsense! Upon my insistence the originals were returned to me. It does little good to complain to the Dallas BBB. Complaints are likely to be more effective if they are directed to the appropriate state and federal agencies.

• Be
      Oct 23, 2012

I work at Nationstar, and I would be more than happy to help you out with your account issues. Please give me a call tomorrow and I'll review your account and see what I can do to get your account issues resolved asap, I can be reached at [protected]. Thank you, Rebecca S.

• Rh
      Oct 24, 2012

To Becs340: I'm sure Dave92673 will appreciate your help. Where were you when I needed you to correct Nationstar's mess?

• Na
      Oct 25, 2012

WARNING NATIONSTAR IS A PREDITORY LENDER, AND IS UNDER INVESTIGATION BY OUR SO GREAT GOV. THEY HAVE PUT ME THROUGH HELL, IN THERE KEYS FOR CASH PROGRAM. EVERY DAY THEY WANT SOMTHING MORE, AFTER THEY SAID WE WOULD BE DONE IN THREE DAYS. LIES, CHEATS, SCAM ARTIST. BEWARE

• Sh
      Mar 04, 2013

NationStar is a deceptive lender. They are trying to force impound and insurance on us that we have had on our home for over 18 years. They bought the loan from Cashcall and we believe they are in it together for financial gain. We have retained an attorney and are suing for damages. They need to be taught a lesson. We plan to notify all media outlets and hopefully someone will do a report on them.
    Steve S in California

• Be
      Mar 20, 2013

No contact made to reach a resolution
    L.Wood- Nationstar Mortgage LLC

• Sh
      Mar 21, 2013

It is obvious Nationstar is a scam mortgage company who needs to be stopped. We hired an attorney who is very familiar with them. After only one threatening letter to them they corrected are account and things are cleared up. We are waiting to see if they post anything on our credit profile then we will sue for damages. We have put this lender on notice and will spend whatever necessary to prevent them from continuing to scam people. Email me at [protected]@gmail.com if you want the name of our attorney. It worked for us.

• Re
      Oct 03, 2014

3 October 2014

As of 16 September 2014 Nationstar Mortgage assume control of mortgage account in Coryell County Gateville Texas Tax Base.
    Facts Bearing on the Problem Area of Concern: Nationstar Mortgage has not provided any notification: Notice of Servicing Transfer from Springleaf Financial Mortgage Company.
    From 16 September 2014 until now 3 October 2014 did not forward any welcome packet to resident homeowner; they had assume control of mortgage account residential property located within Coryell County Property Tax Base Jurisdictions. Nationstar Mortgage has not as of since 16 September until know 3 October 2014 ever attempt to provide residential homeowner with Mortgage Identification Account Number of which homeowner needs to make timely monthly installment payments. Previous managers of residential mortgage identification account number Springleaf Financial Mortgage Company had informed residential homeowner in Copperas Cove Texas. Nationstar Mortgage assume has assume control of mortgage account.
    From 16 September 2014 until 3 October 2014 the Nationstar Mortgage Customer Service Hotline [protected] is joke. Consumer as denied access to contact mortgage account managers. The automatic answering system is a continuous loop; all our agents are busy please call back. Cannot access the Nationstar Mortgage Website. As of today 3 October 2014 I residential homeowner had not been assigned Mortgage Identification Number for my residential property in Coryell County Jurisdiction. Nationstar Mortgage is savage. The primary goal of this Organization is to destroy property value and force foreclosure of residential property and damage homeowners credit standing. Everyone should write those fat-cats in political office to help the voters. We should as register voters look for someone whom will fight for our rights.

• Tx
      Jan 12, 2016

Bank of America sold my mortgage to Nationstar in April 2015. I was with Bank of America for 5 years, and never had a problem, but ever since it was sold to Nationstar, there has continued to be one problem after another. I have been charged all kinds of fees, even late fees when I paid on time! I have made payments that they claim I didn't make when I have bank statements that show proof that I did pay. I have continued to contact Nation Star. I keep getting the run around--left on hold, hung up on, lied to, made promises that are never kept, such as saying the fees will be reversed, payments checked in to, but never are, and I have called several times and asked to be sent print outs; they always say they will send them, but never do. Frustrated! Hate BOA sold my mortgage to Nationstar!!!