Nationstar Mortgage / lack of communication

1 Longview, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3605013874

We paid cash for our home in 2003. We needed to expand our home so we took out a mortgage with Nation star. Everything was going great till the economy took a hit. NSM tried to set us up the Obama plan, Did not qualify. So they did there in house modification that's when the night mare began. We were told our payment would be $537 a month for 1 year with a 5% interest rate. Well once we signed the docs for this program we found out that our payment was $807 a month! I was floored. I called NSM and asked why they told me I agreed to put my home in escrow. We pay our own insurance on the side and always have, they told us we could no longer do that. During all this they kept telling me I do not need to make a payment for 60 days, we thought cool. That would help us out a lot. Damn were we wrong. Now I am setting in foreclosure trying to save our home. I came up with the money we were behind, mailed it to the company on my default letter. NSM told me I could not do that. That they could not understand why I would send that company there money. I explained to them I was told to on my default letter. They said no way you could have been told that. I was on the phone today with 5 different people trying to get this taken care of. Finally I spoke with a young lady name Stephanie, she called me in January and said she would be handling my account now. Told her ok and explained what I was trying to do to come up with the money. she said ok just keep me posted. I talked to her today and she told me she called me in January sent me an e mail (which I never received) I told her I left her a voice mail today and asked for her to call me back, Stephanie stated she does not have time to check her voice mail, but it is a form of communication for them? made no fracking sense. Every time I questioned her about somnething she got defensive. She finally told me she would not talk to me anymore because I was attacking her and she hung up on me. Is there any help out eir for us who are in this jam with NSM?

Comments

• Ev
      20th of Jul, 2010

FILE A COMPLAINT ON NATIONSTAR NOW! This State Department is responsible for issuing them a license. They are in the process of investigating them.
    Kentucky Department of Financial Institutions