Nationstar Mortgage / inefficiency, poor customer service, worthless

1 IN, United States Review updated:

Our mortgage was sold to these inept vipers in march of 2013. They never bothered to tell us they could not continue to take our twice-monthly mortgage payments from our account. They then called to tell us we were behind. When I figured out what had happened, I sat on the phone for 45 minutes with the equity company they use to set up these payments, along with an actual nationstar representative. After all of that, they had me send a check for that month and assured me payments would begin to be removed from my bank account at the end of april. Here we are mid-may, nothing has been withdrawn, and I have them calling me multiple times per day looking for money that they did not take. So, I call again. The representative is of no help. Ironically, while I am on the phone, their damn toll free number is calling on my other line. Additionally, when I demanded a supervisor, he was in a meeting and could not come to the phone. They have poor customer service. I am concerned they will ultimately affect my credit rating. I asked for a direct line to a supervisor to contact in the morning, he could not give me that. I am immediately going to work on refinancing my loan, if for no other reason that to get it away from nationstar.

Jo
May 14, 2013

Comments

• Th
      16th of May, 2013

In that case contact Churchill Mortgage they are endorsed by Dave Ramsey.

I rarely give any out fit electronic access to pull $$ out of my bank/CC/DC. Why don't you be the one to make the payment? At least that way you are sure you made the payment. Especially with an outfit like this that is proving to be inefficient already I would not jeopardize my home in anyway. If you mail your payments make sure it's by signature required. Good luck.

5th of Jun, 2013

I unwittingly signed up for the “trial period” for a loan modification with Nationstar. As I did not hear back from the agent named on the “offer” letter I began to research their program to see if I could find any information on their process. Low and behold….volumes of complaints on any type of related forum and complaint board. So I immediately just went back and made my regular payments. I denied their offer after finding out their tricks. (Remember…their “collectors” are not that bright). That made them hunt for anything they could to intimidate me. I have three fax numbers for them – bankruptcy (972-315-6757), foreclosure specialist (972-315-8637) and research (972-459-1611). When I fax, I fax all of them. I reiterate everything that was discussed in conversation as well as any response to any letters they send. I went to pay and the rep would not take my payment, said that there was a demand letter – I have not received it (of course), but found out how much is due and when. I faxed the rep asking to fax me a copy asap – to all 3 fax numbers! After what I’ve read I will submit complaints to FTC in Texas, State Attorney General (for CA & TX) to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (I downloaded their listing so I can provide complain counts with my faxes), Texas Dept of Savings and Mortgage Lending, as well as a good number of the 488 state representatives. Here is where you can find that information. 1) http://www.sentate.gov/general/contact_information, 2) http://www.house.gov/representatives/ 3) http://tomas.loc.gov/home/state-ligistures.html 4) http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/ . Lawsuit: Triplett vs Nationstar Mortgage Settlement – google it to see if you can participate.

Get one of those online fax services so you can fax from your computer. Feel free to contact me – I’ve been researching and looking for more fax numbers – I’m making it a point to be heard! Good luck everyone.