National Street Machine Club / Can't get them to give me a refund

1 Minnetonka, MN, United States Review updated:

I am very displeased with my subscription, and have written to them asking for a refund. They have tried to have me pay for a book i never received, nor ordered and to date are still sending requests for me to buy things.

More National Street Machine Club Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• 75
      26th of Jul, 2008

Well, the thing about the book is they want you to buy it. They send it to you to read, you can buy it or have fourteen days to send it back. So yours was probably lost in the mail.

• Ly
      1st of Dec, 2008

Street Machine National sent a calendar that we did not order or want. They sent us an envelope to return it in. Apparently the cleaning lady sent it to us, because noone can recall doing this. Since then we have had numerous bills and threats that they want their $21.82. We have now been turned in to the collection agency so they can have their calandar and the money! I own a bussiness and have never thought about this scam for making money. I only hope that the Street Machine National is not losing business with this shady practice that they are now resorting to this ! What a way to represent your business. Get real people, if you want your credit rating sabotaged deal with this company they have dibs on the best wayto make money and ruin you at the same time!!!

• Wh
      17th of Sep, 2009

What Is National Street Machine Club??? No, really I want to know!!! I have a life membership with National Street Machine Club, and have been a life member for about three years now. I have NEVER seen or heard of any shows, gatherings, etc... I did get for my money which was about 400 bucks, a jacket, watch, and a few trinkets. Then they sent me a set of books. 1 each month. At a cost. I was contacted by someone from this place about recieving the final books all at once. I excepted. Most of the books were ones I had already. With these books they gave me a COMPLIMENTRY 4 buck mini screw driver set. I paid off all the books in full and returned the ones that were doubles. Then I get a bill in the mail for about 18 bucks. When I contacted them about the bill for books that I had already paid for, the lady said, "you recieved a COMPLIMENTRY screw driver set". I said, yes I did. She says, "that is why I owe the money". To keep them from sending the bill to a collection agency, I paid the bill???????? What does COMPLIMENTRY mean??????????? I never wore the jacket, watch, and donated them to the Salvation Army. I took the Street Thunder license plate off my car, etc... As for the tool testing? In three years I got to test a 3 buck tire guage. I'm thinking of joining United Street Machine Club. I've actually been to shows with these people!!! I've actually gotten COMPLMENTRY stuff from these people. I've actually won some trophies from these people. Got t-shirts, jackets, etc... Never paid any where near 400 bucks? Probably paid about 75 bucks for eveything, and I'm not even a member yet. The picture here shows the plate, and this is a United Street Machine Show, Which I took Best of Show Trophy and Special Achievement Award Trophy.

• De
      2nd of Dec, 2015

I am a life time member with national street machine have not got any thing from them can`t get there phone number they have not sent my book in 2 years Dennis Johnson, holt mi

13th of Apr, 2016

Back in 2008 I joined the National Street Machine Club, and was promised many things including a lifetime of benefits worth over $1, 560.00!---1.free club dues rebate certificate.2.free street machine club key chain.3.free window decal.4 free street machine club patch.5. free life member leather jacket. 6.free life member hat. 7.free life member license plate.8 lifetime subscription to Street Thunder Magazine.9. free garage test products to test and keep. 10.freelife member picture frame. 11.free classified ads for life.12 personalized life member certificate. 13.surprise free gift valued up to $15.00 ! 14.free life member magnet, and much much more. I eventually bought 10 to 15 books about various hot rods and street machines that have been built by many different motor heads in the U.S.A.over probably the last 50 to 60 years.---All those things were O.K. I guess, but what I hate the most about being burnt by this company is the lie about the lifetime subscription and free classified ads for life.---The name of the magazine was changed twice.---It is now Street Rodder, I've had it for about a year or so. Now they tell me it's time to resubscribe. I called them and told them that I never had before so why should I start now? They denied knowing anything about National Street Machine Club or Street Thunder Mag.-WHAT TO DO?---John L.