National HealthCare Solutions / Scam and cheating artists!

1 MA, United States

I received a call from a man with an Indian accent who said that he was working for the Social Security Administration and that because I was a god citizen and didn't have a criminal record, that I would be receiving a tax refund of $500 per month for 6 months.

He took my personal information and said that he would transfer me to his Manager for confirmation and that I was to say yes on the recording after several intervals. I don't know why I believed him, but he seemed to know some things about my tax filings that would only be known by someone in the IRS. Nothing happened for a couple of weeks, and then I discovered that I was overdrawn at the bank for $94, which I was not expecting, as I hadn't used any money. I went to the bank to investigate and learned that NHS had withdrawn $299 from my account, and when I checked my bank statements, they had also taken $39 previously. I called to find out who they were and what they were about and they said I had been sent a letter and that I had bought this service. I then canceled the service and was given a Cancellation Number. It has been 4 business days and I have not yet received the money. I have called back and they say that the matter has been forwarded to corporate to determine if I would be getting a refund. The Customer Service person said they were calling from India and it is a scam, but that I should wait till Tuesday and see if the money was returned. So far it hasn't.