National Floors Direct / horrible customer service

1 RI, United States Review updated:

I have never had customer service as awful as that which I've gotten from National Floors Direct. My fiance and I are first time home buyers, and made the terrible decision to go with NFL because we wanted our condo carpeted as quickly as possible, so that we could move in ASAP. The contractors were told that they could not do construction work after 6pm per condo regulations. They showed up at 5:00pm. They were rude, ignorant and complained about how much they wanted to go home. One worker was instructing the others how to install the carpet as they went. They left a mess everywhere, including all over the common areas, did not finish the ends of the carpet in several spots, and reused our old carpet padding and metal end strips in multiple places. When they left at 8:30 pm that night, there were also two large pulls in the rug. I was ready to throw them out out of my home if they didn't leave, so I didn't push these issues that night. We called National Floors the next day to express our concerns, and asked that the repairs be made to the rug. After blowing off our calls, stating" there's nothing more I can do for you, stop calling, " and those from the better buisness bureau, they agreed to schedule a date for repair. Since then, they have rescheduled three times. We have taken time out of work, spoken with every RUDE employee in the company and waited for over 2 months with no result. I have not asked them for anything BUT a finsished service which we paid for already. If they do not comply, I'm ready to contact the local news stations who do consumer reports on local buisness complaints. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Ke

Comments

• Lm
      18th of Dec, 2008

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I work in customer service myself, and I would be fired if I treated people the way they've treated us! No one returns calls, they lied about everything, and even bad-mouthed other employees to us. It's been two months and we dont have the carpet we ordered and haven't received a dime in compensation like they promised. We're thinking about bringing them to small claims court. Not sure what else to do. I hope your situation has been fixed since you wrote this!