National Enterprise Systems / Scam and rip off!

1 29125 Solon RoadSolon, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 440-542-1360

I was contacted at 5pm on Wednesday, March 5th by an NES employee regarding an 'urgent business matter'. I returned the call because I was unsure who she was, what business she worked for and what the 'urgent business matter' entailed. When I called back, I was NOT told by her that she was a 'debt collector attempting to collect a debt and that any information obtained will be used for that purpose'. She told me that NES wanted to work out a settlement for a credit card to which I agreed to hear. She told me that the creditor would settle for a smaller amount if I paid all of it by 9pm that day. I informed her I couldn't come up with that money. I was then told that if I didn't pay this settlement, paperwork was going to be filed in court tomorrow morning (Thursday, March 6th) and I was being sued. She then attempted to set up a payment plan with me and I acquiesced because of the fear of being taken to court. She then asked me to hold so she could get a manager on the line to approve a payment plan.

As I was holding, I could hear her conversation with a manager as they discussed the pending lawsuit against me. He asked her if she had informed me about my pending case. She then replied that I was on the line and he could speak directly to me. At this point, it was a three-way telephone conversation with myself, the manager and the employee.

The manager then told me the following:

• I was being sued for the balance of my debt unless I came up with the money that night.
• My account was sold to a group of lawyers that were going to sue me for the money owed.
• That he refused to set up a payment plan with me.
• The paperwork was going to be filed in court tomorrow unless I paid and that he didn't want to get any angry phone calls from parents or lawyers because it was going to court tomorrow unless I paid tonight.
• I was sent a 60-day notice regarding this pending litigation and it wasn't his fault I chose to ignore it.
• That they could put a lien on my vehicle and take my vehicle or any other of my assets to collect this debt.
• That if I didn't pay and this went to court I would also be responsible to pay any attorney and court fees that the plaintiff incurred.
• That I was in legal trouble with the state of South Carolina.

The manager wouldn't listen to me nor would he answer my questions. He raised his voice, threatened me with a lawsuit, misrepresented my financial account, lied about the details of my account, attempted to intimidate me and actually shouted at me. Finally, he yelled at me 'You're in a lot of trouble and you better get a lawyer'. Then he hung the telephone up on me.

A few minutes later she called me back and said 'I was told to call you back'. I then attempted to ask her questions regarding the lawsuit they said was being filed, which she would not answer. I asked her to speak to someone regarding the way I was harassed on the telephone and she said I already talked to the manager and that was it. She refused to connect me with someone else. She informed me to figure out a way to obtain the money and call her back before 9:00pm.

Roughly around 5:45, my mother phoned NES. She then put the manager on the phone and he revealed the following confidential information about my account to a third party WITHOUT MY CONSENT:

• The current amount I owe.
• The creditor I owe the money to.
• The settlement I was offered.
• The number of payments I made over the past year.
• The fact that I purchased a car in the past year and they could take it away.
• That they wouldn't offer me a payment plan because of my negligence.
• That they have been calling me for the last 60 days trying to reach me.

The manager also informed my mother that paperwork for a lawsuit was going to court in the morning and that my account was sold to 'a group of lawyers'.

Later in the evening on Wednesday, March 5th, she called me again and told that she decided to 'work with me' and set up a payment plan. She said I had to 'call her directly' about the account. I asked her why all of a sudden did NES decide to work with me and she said because 'I felt you were sincere and that you really want to pay this debt off'. I again asked her to speak to someone regarding the harassment I endured and she again told me he was the manager. She would not connect me to anyone else. I told her I was in the car and I would call her when I got home to discuss the matter further.

I phoned her back when I arrived home and set up a payment plan for a settlement balance that was way out of my budget. She told me that unless I paid this amount, the paperwork was going to be filed in court in the morning. I asked her to send me a letter stating the settlement terms that was offered to me so I would have documentation. She refused saying she couldn't send me any paperwork until the last payment had been made.

After pondering what transpired, I called NES back to make a complaint. I was transferred to the Compliance Department where I spoke with another female employee. She was willing to listen to my issue and answer my questions. I asked her if she had access to my entire account and once she said she did, I asked her if the statements referenced above made by both the employee and the manager ere true:

She informed me that all of the above statements were FALSE. I'm not being sued, there is no paperwork going to court and if I was being sued, NES would not be the one contacting me to tell me. She also said she could send me a letter stating the settlement I discussed with the employee, after th employee said she couldn't. She also informed me that she would cancel the payment plan I set up with the employee and set up payments that were affordable to me. She told me she altered my account so that I would not be contacted by another representative of NES.

It is glaringly apparent that NES and its employees and managers are in violation of numerous sections of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Not only is it unacceptable for NES to utilize the procedures I have mentioned, it is also illegal. In further researching NES, I have learned that they have had several complaints lodged against them and that they have an unsatisfactory rating with the Better Business Bureau. I can only assume that the manner in which I was treated is standard operating procedure.

I'm calling again tomorrow to cancel all payments with them and making sure I get written documentation. I hope all goes well!

Va

Comments

• Dr
      15th of May, 2008

I recently worked at this horrible place. National Enterprise Systems is the collection agency from hell. It's the devil's worst nightmare. Employees are trained to collect according to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act but once on the floor in their respective departments collectors are told to forget everything they learned.

My supervisor, Bryan Howard under the alias of Paul Stevens, regularly provided a second voice to collectors having trouble closing collections. This idiot would identify himself to callers as a federal agent, an NES attorney, etc., anything to try to scare the debtor into paying. He would actually tell debtors and their spouses that a lawsuit had been filed and if the account is not paid by postdated check by a certain time that day a deputy of the court was coming to serve the debtor on his job. I witness this on a daily basis all day long. B. Howard is neither a federal agent, attorney nor any of the other things he claims to be and NES don't sue debtors. All are clear violations of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.

Debtors are talked to as if they're inhuman. Even when the debtor is not home the person taking the message is treated like dirt. I will never forgot my supervisor shouting at an 81 year old African-American woman for not getting a pen and paper to take the message. "I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE 81 YEARS OLD HE SCREAMED AT THE WOMAN." I've witness collectors hollering at kids "GO GET YOUR FATHER."

You are not supposed to talk to spouses—in certain states--about their significant others’ debt unless given permission by the spouse to do so. This rule is ignored at NES. In fact when I left training I put the document about the spouse rule on my cubicle wall to reference only to have it snatched and trashed by Bryan Howard who said I wouldn’t need it.

The owners Ernest Pollack, his wife, and two sons: Scott and pie-faced Chris are well aware of what is going on. These people are hands on owners. They constantly walk the call room floors, note the individual collectors and group collection sales and hear all the violations first hand. The more a collector screams at a debtor the more they like it. People actually clap and cheer when a collector goes off on a debtor. All that concerns these greedy money grabbers is how much money they are collecting at any given time.

Payments are demanded in full although they do offer settlements that are too demanded in full. Money orders and mail-in payments are not accepted, only postdated checks over-the-phone or Western Union Transfers for Citi Bank accounts. Some other creditors do allow NES to also take payment by credit card. For the postdated checks debtors are asked to give their accounting and routing numbers. NES, the ### they are, attempts to take the money out before the postdate. Nice company huh!

Collectors and supervisors once provided with bank info by the debtor call banks automated customer service numbers to obtain how much money they have in their accounts. We have their social security numbers so getting info this way is like taking candy from a baby. Some banks have safeguards against this and required you talk to a live person. They also work this wickedness on debtors’ credit card accounts or the credit card accounts of the debtors’ spouse, mother, father, etc. I remember one collector on the phone with a debtor saying “Your Mother Has $7, 000 On Her Card She Can Use;” She Can Pay This Debt For You!”

If anyone needs someone who's "been there" in any of their legal actions against this despicable company I’m your guy.

• St
      15th of Jul, 2008

They are harrassing me. Do not get or show anger with them. If you take them to court they can use this against you.
    It is allegal for them to threaten court proceedings against you. They called me tonight at 9;23pm. This is illegal.
    I am always nice with them and ask questions like, Do you Know Jesus, Did you forget to pray this morning,
    Have you had your morning meditation. BE NICE WITH THEM.

24th of Jul, 2008

has anyone heard of to NES employees Tina Cache or Johnathan Crow Sr?

• Va
      24th of Sep, 2008
    National Enterprise Systems - Unauthorized billing
    National Enterprise Systems
    nes1.com

Do not give this company any banking information. I agree to make two payments in the amount of $300 one in July and another in August. I have had no more correspondence with them but on 9/15/08 they took another $300 from my bank account and then again on 9/22/08 they did the same without my authorization. The bank says the only way I can stop them is to close out the account and open a new one. Seems ridiculous to me but no not give them any banking information or you will be scammed also.

• Da
      21st of Apr, 2009

omg! I thought I was going crazy when they told me I was being taken to court, but they didnt have any information on the date and time of the court proceedings, or could offer me any information in writing about the court date. this company told me that I would have to pay 5% of my balance first in order to set up a payment schedule for me of $1000.00 per month, I dont even have a job!

• Wi
      27th of Apr, 2009

I've been looking at all the different posts and complaints (I've even filed one of my own with the Federal Trade Commission) and I think these people and their bosses are from hell itself. I haven't heard any response from the FTC but I'm sure they no doubt got the message over to them. I receive no less than 3 phone calls a day from them, even when I'm at work, which is their prime time to call me. I've alerted them to this fact but they continue to call me during my work hours. I've learned that you can send a Cease and Desist order to them and they have to obey it or they have to drop your case or face a major lawsuit from the FTC.

• Lo
      30th of Jul, 2009

Hi. First of all, I'm very sorry you have had such horrible experiences with this company. I did, too. This does have a happy ending, though, because I actually had a wonderful experience with NES today. I know, it's hard to believe, but please read!

I had a Target card, and haven't even used it in 3 years. Well, I was paying off a $700 balance FOREVER, and they finally sent me a letter saying they would allow me to make small payments each month. They took the payment automatically from my checking account each month.

Yes, I should've absolutely paid attention, but I guess they just up and quit taking the payments out of the account, so suddenly I get a call that I'm 2 months behind. Now, the balance was over $900. I told them about my payment arrangement. They said that ended (it's just that nobody told ME, of course). So, they demanded I start giving them a ton of money each month. I couldn't do that. I gave what I could, and eventually got sent to collections.

I got a call a few months ago from National Enterprise Systems. The guy was forceful, asked questions, and wouldn't be quiet long enough for me to answer them. He repeatedly cut me off and raised his voice. The guy demanded $1200 from me, saying I would have to make 3 monthly payments of $400, or else I was going to be sued. I said, "Listen, I know I owe the debt, I'm trying to pay. I answered the phone, didn't I? I'm not running from you. I guess you'll have to sue me, because I can't afford that."

So, he said in 5 business days, I'd receive court documents. I called Target and explained what happened. Target kind of laughed it off, and said I would be just fine if I just came into the store each month with a $50 payment. That very day, I brought in $50.

Then, I got a call two weeks ago from an Anthony Snow. He was a little friendlier, but still pushy. He said he didn't want to sue me, but would have to if I didn't make 3 payments of $300. I said I couldn't do that, but that a payment of $200 might be feasible. He said he would settle the account for $900, take out $200 this month, and $350 in August and September. I agreed to it, even though I knew I couldn't do it.

We have rent coming due, my daughter's birthday, you name it, it's all happening for us right now. I called in today to change the payment arrangements. I called 1-800-243-0002, then hit Option 3 for changing payments.

I was scared to death when I called, but was pleasantly surprised when a rep named Angie answered. She was cordial and respectful. I explained that I knew I wasn't going to be able to make the $200 payment as promised, but I didn't want to be sued. She just said, "No, Ma'am, we don't sue people. I'm sorry, but no. We're a third party collection agency. I'm not going to sue you. Can you pay maybe $25? I can accept monthly payments of $25. We want to do what works for you." She even talked to me about her children, I talked to her about mine, and it was really pleasant. She was really THE nicest collection lady I've ever spoken to!

Angie really changed my mind about collection agencies. You have to be lucky and get one of these reps, but it's comforting to know there are some good ones in there!

If you would like to email me, I'll be more than happy to give you Angie's direct number and extension, so that you can have a better experience with this company. I'm so happy she's going to handle my account from now on!!!

God bless!
    mysunmoonstars76@gmail.com

• Te
      31st of Jul, 2009

I am having a problem with National Enterprise Systems too. NES say I owe a jewelry company in excess of $550. I have asked for a validation of debt in writing. NES wants me to verify my home address. I feel that if they have a legitimate debt to collect, they should have my address, so I will not say my address to the caller. I have contacted my Attorney General & was advised to first send a "Cease and Desist" letter to NES requesting them to stop calling my home and to validate the debt by supplying me with a bill associated with the account, an application showing that I applied for this account, or signatures associated with this account. I have sent the letter certified. Thus far, NES has not signed for the letter.

I have checked all 3 credit reports, and the Jewelry company NES speaks of is NOT on any of my reports.

I don't what else to do about NES harassing me. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. my email address is tecatwo@gmail.com .

• By
      17th of Oct, 2009

Does anyone that works here know what types of settlements they typically get? Percentages of the actual debt they collect? Or maybe how much these people pay for the debts they collect? bymselm2@yahoo.com thanks!

• Ks
      5th of Dec, 2009

Wow, with all the complaints on this company I'm kind of glad I haven't managed to get through to them now. I've been getting phone calls from them, always a recorded message giving us an 800 number to call about an "urgent business matter" - but no matter what day of the week or time it is when I call, I never get through to a person. What irks me about it is that we don't know if they're actually calling to talk to us or they're calling our number for someone else (we've only had the number a couple months and are getting a LOT of debt collection calls for people we don't know, have never met and certainly don't live with us). I have exactly one debt and it's not through NES thank goodness! I've consistently called them back, though, trying to find out who they're looking for because if it's not my housemate I'd love for them to stop calling yanno? Hope to God I never have to deal with them for any future debts I (hopefully won't) accrue, sheesh...

• Ga
      8th of Jan, 2010

Thank you all for the information you have provided regarding this company, NES, on this site! A man named John who said he OWNED the company National Enterprise Systems call me this morning regarding a debt owed. Fortunately, I was listening when I was told "this call is being recorded". Not only was this person rude, ugly and demeaning, he LIED to me as well. He gave me false information regarding my credit report. He told me their "research" showed that I had the ability to pay what I owed and that I should do that! I explained to him that was incorrect, I don't know where he got his information, but it was incorrect. He asked me why I couldn't pay? Fair question I thought. I told him based on the economy and everything going on with the rise in healthcare costs, that I couldn't pay. He told me none of that was important and it had nothing to do with my ability to pay! HUH?? I stated that I was listening to the news and it just stated unemployment was at 10%! I also told him that my insurance premiums and what I was now responsible to pay had increased significantly for 2010, so yes, it had everything to do with why I couldn't pay!
    Then he asks if I'm married. Why am I not using one of his cards to pay this debt. I said I wouldn't answer that question because this didn't concern my spouse. Then he tells me..."well you work right?"...I said no, I'm actually on disability. He got very rude and demeaning saying that even on disability I could still pay.
    THEN, he asks me to "verify" the last 4 digits of my SSN****red flag***. I told him I wouldn't give out that information. He asked to verify my address and I wouldn't give him that information. He was shouting and interupting me now - "why won't you verify that information? I explained my purse was just stolen and my driver's license was inside. He said - so who cares, what does that have to do with this debt. I said IDENTITY THEFT!!! The police told me NOT to answer any questions like the ones he was asking. He told me that was crap and I was lying, coming from left field, etc. Still shouting and interrupting me with insults and demeaning remarks, he told me to hold so his secretary could pull my whole file. I told him that would not be necessary, I was ending our phone call. I asked to verify his name and he told me no he wouldn't tell me what it was b/c he already had. I asked to verify the company name. He said National Enterprise Systems. I told him I was going to report him to the FTC and BBB and I was grateful the call was being recorded. He continued yelling into the phone for his secretary to pull the whole file, etc.

I'm glad to know this is NOT a reputable company and I will follow through with my complaints.

• Sc
      5th of Feb, 2010

As a former employee of NES I want to clarify that this company will take any settlement offer. For example if you have an account with Bank of America they say they will only accept 50% settlement offer. That is garbage. They will take anything. They can accept offers all the down to 30%, but if it is under 40% it has to be approved by Bank of America..which all the time it is.
    They are a bunch of hungry hounds there. You can talk to them and they say that "This settlement offer will not be good next week, you have to set it up today"..GARBAGE! You can call up at anytime and they will take your money. They are hungry money hounds and they are in it for your money. They push for you to set up payments by the 20th of each month because that is the closing date for commission checks. That is another thing..NES employees get nearly around 22% to 34% commission on accounts..depending on what state you live in.
    Another off subject topic about NES is the employees that are working there. From being a past employee there I have noticed the large amount of employees that go in the parking lot and smoke up there drugs, then come back in the building to collect. Kind of scary thinking that people who are under the influence of drugs are making phone calls to debtors and taking payments. Every employee that is hired by NES is "drug tested" which every employee that works there will tell you that those drug test results don't matter to NES. They will hire anyone at anytime! They have even hired individuals with criminal backgrounds. Only if the FDCPA and NES clients knew about this!

• Al
      22nd of Mar, 2010

Don't deal with them ... Just sue them like I did... I used Collection Stoppers and it will not cost you a cent if you have a case. All I can say is save your voice mails or have a witness when you talk with them. ( I would not talk to them. ) See http://www.collectionstopper.com/

• Gr
      13th of Jan, 2011

I am really frustrated with Sallie Mae and these collection agencies and I don't understand how these corporations are able to continue and carry on like this. It is illegal so why are they still getting away with it and I that some kind of way everyone who has a complaint; we should all come together and go up against Sallie Mae. I don't know how to get it going but I am calling BBB, FTC, and even the courthouse in my county until I can find a solution. I am just trying everything because I am fed up and people should not be harassed like this and we should be given more feasible options to pay off our debts. Not just let our money go into a black hole. The way payment are made needs to be revamped and everything should be consistent.

Sincerely,
    An Angry Graduate Who Won't be Defeated by Illegal Corporations

• Gr
      13th of Jan, 2011

Sorry for the typos people. I can spell.

• Rh
      22nd of Mar, 2011
    National Enterprise Systems - Debt consolidation services
    National Enterprise Systems

Receiving 2-3 recorded calls every other day. Calling the company to stop their response was "we are probably calling you for a reason". Told that I would take formal action their response was "do what you have to do sir".

• Kt
      26th of May, 2011

I used to work for NES and it is a horrible place to work. I used to get migranes at 5pm when I had to get up to go to work and the employees there are all thugs. Drugs OH YAH-they are all horrible and that is the way they are all trained. I remember my supervisor pounding his fist on my desk and threatening me. I used to work for a company like this many years ago and they had a huge classaction law suit filed against them and the employeees won. I got fired because I had an interview/w/a highly reputable company and they found out and walked me out like a criminal. Everybody there is misserable and I am sure they have been sued by everybody but that doesn't matter to them at all.

29th of Jul, 2011

NES keeps calling me using different area codes, private number shows up on my cell phone, they call my elderly parents and my Mother-in-Law! All of the latter are in their eighties! Let me be sued! I do care, don't get me wrong. Sallie Mae gave my son's and mine loan to NES and then Redline had it for a while. We are responsible citizens and will pay a reasonable amount that won't make us homeless. This is for real! Homeless! I am on SSDI and Sallie Mae can garnish my SSDI, that is if our government can settle our debt problem and I still get my SSDI. The government should stop loaning out money to students when the economy is so bad and there isn't the better paying jobs out there for the kids to apply for when they graduate. Minimum wage jobs can't pay back student loans! I know that sounds harsh, but these are harsh times. Things can't get much worse. As for NES, they must be the ### of the earth!

• Lo
      25th of Oct, 2012

To: Sallie Mae Not... I agree with you that the government needs to stop handing out student loans during a recession like it's candy. I get angry now when I see all the on-line ads telling people what education they need now to succeed. Because I, like so many others got suckered into enrolling back into school only to end up with student loan debts and no job in that field. People beware..."Student loans"... It's the new "Housing Market loanes". And, we all no what happened there when so many of those people couldn't pay their loans back.

• El
      1st of Aug, 2014

In case you don't know yet, go to: getoutofdebtfree.org

A wonderful introduction to who you really are. You and we are NOT the all capitalized name JOHN H DOE or whoever. It's a hell of a ride but one you will not regret. It works but it does require your awareness to some things you will no longer take for granted. It started for me when I learned it's illegal for banks to loan money. They can't because money doesn't exist. Peace