MWEB / stay far away from mweb

I have tried to transfer a co.za domain from a local internet developer to MWeb Business. It should be a simple process. Sumbit a request to release the domain, and when the current host of the domain releases the 'ticket' it is transferred to MWeb.. Very simple! But apparently not so simple for MWeb who have taken over a week to do asbolutely NOTHING regarding my simple request.

I decided to use MWeb because I was of the opinion that they couldn't possibly be as useless as Telkom, but apparently I was wrong!

• Justinqwertyui's Response, Jun 16, 2018

Mweb super bad hosting department, unwilling to help with dns changes and or unable to perform the tasks from a knowledge point of veiw.

• Justinqwertyui's Response, Jun 18, 2018

Public be noted, mweb hosting does not work after hours or on weekends, they are not interested in customer service, nor interested in fixing mistakes they have made in mx or A records, you will wait till they feel ready. they simply don't care, The bum behind this approach is Kurt Boswell. (to my mind playing god will mweb's reputation)

• Justinqwertyui's Response, Jun 18, 2018

Mweb DNS/hosting leader Kurt Boswell, acknowledges mweb are unable to manage DNS records, any request like TXT or SRV requests are out of their knowledge base, only mx and A records are they qualified for.

El

Comments

• Zs
      10th of May, 2011

I am having the same problem trying to transfer a .co.za to mweb.
    I on the verge of moving my ADSL account away from them.

• Be
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    MWEB - Zero customer service ethc
    MWEB
    mweb.co.za

The compalint filed by tcc on 7 October at 12h11 was interesting as by a mere cut and paste operation I have the contents of my complaint. I logged call number 206929 with Mweb over emails to account aliases bouncing back. Since then, my experience has been identical to tcc.

Mweb is however, unperturbed by this issue and there standard answer is “we will escalate the problem”! This must be a phrase taught to all staff in induction! The company has also set up internal systems that ensures that you are never able to get back to the same person – very nice for them – because no one is ever accountable for the problem!!

My experience is that they promise to call back and never do. You get put on hold while they refer to a manager and then get cut off. Whoever you speak to promises the earht and delivers dirt. I am now at the point where I want to go into their Bellville office and camp there unitl I see someone. However, when you ask for the name of the responsible person that you need to speak to, you are told that you cannot be given that information. What can be done to let people know to NEVER use this company?

• Je
      6th of Dec, 2017

I received an email to say that mweb made a mistake for not billing me correctly. For the past 2 years I have been with them, irrespective of how slow the internet can be. However, I now have to play an extra 180rand but the current package was offered to me by the advisor. I dont understand because how can my bill increase and I`m not even changing my package. I feel that I am being bullied to pay an extra 180rand!

14th of Aug, 2018
    MWEB.co.za - Fibre service
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

My wifi has been down for more than 1 week. A service mweb are happy to charge me each month. However there service has been simply pathetic an absolute joke that there phone assistants are supposed to be trained in customer satisfaction. What a joke

15th of Aug, 2018
    MWEB.co.za - How they allow my mail to be used for trash
    Cape Town
    South Africa

I am actually in tears, what a frustration to be served AND ACTUALLY misery that I go through when I try to Log into nombango@mweb.co.za. The worse part is that I am paying to be put in this misery!!!

I tried to add my mweb address to my Outlook profile manually but this would work for one day only and I would be back to Zimbra, webmail, etc

• Ju
      16th of Aug, 2018
    MWEB.co.za - DNS hosting
    South Africa

Mweb have unskilled stuff and don't or can't assist with domain name changes, I have waited five days, for a change, with feed back of it will take twenty four hours every time I query the status.

20th of Aug, 2018
    MWEB.co.za - Mweb account
    Western Cape
    South Africa

My account is always R179 and I instructed them to cut it off if it goes over. This month they took R2000 off my account. We hardly use the dongle and when I phoned they said, when I do there must be something down loading.
    Point is I asked them to cut it off when it goes over and they never did.
    Want them to investigate my account.

• Fr
      2nd of Sep, 2018
    MWEB.co.za - LTE
    Springs
    South Africa

Hi I ordered a Lte Wifi middle October.It was said that there is no stock avavialble untill end of November.Every time I phone to follow up on my order there is no answer fir at least 20 min.This is unexcepteble.I would like to know when I will recieve my order?!?!?!?

• Mw