MTN South Africa / overcharging & not returning calls

1 South Africa Review updated:

I refer to a debit in my account for R1350.00 for the above contract. Kindly explain to me how is it possible for a cellphone contract be so high when its used 8 times a month. I have returned the cellphone & contract to MtN that was under the above contract & I was not aware of I don't understand why one has to pay so much for a contract that is not utilised. I want my money refunded before the end of this week & want this contract cancelled with no charge to me with immediate effect as MTN has failed to service my needs and has in the process pushed its agenda of day light robbery & please if you require to speak to me I work foe a Bank & can not sit on a cellphone or phone for 320 minutes fighting a losing battle with MTN. I need the money credited to me account by the end of this week or I will be referring this query to a further level.

MTN HAS FAILED AGAIN TO ADDRESS THE RELEVANT NEEDS OF ITS CLIENTS I WANT MY MONEY REFUNDED TO ME & THE CONTRACT CANCELLED WITH NO COST TO MYSELF WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT

Comments

• Sh
      12th of Mar, 2009

I wish you such luck, friend. All the large companies in SA are thieves, as per my own/family/friends experience. And exactly why they unwittingly inspired me through their disastrous, customer-unfriendly actions and behaviour to cut up credit cards, close down accounts, use Pay As You Go for my cell and make cash payments. You've no idea how much easier my life has become...
    Also write your complaint up at the SA consumer site, Hellopeter.com. With more than a 1 000 000 monthly hits, it's no wonder so many consumers check out other consumers experiences with businesses BEFORE parting with their hard-earned cash!
    Shellee

31st of Aug, 2010

I have the same problem with MTN. They are overcharging and do not respond to my queries. I am busy taking legal action.

• Pa
      15th of Nov, 2011

I have made numerous calls to MTN for e-mailing my account to me promptly every month.I have done this in-store as well.I have done this in-store in Parys, Rustenburg and Lephalale.BUT, NO RESPONCE.Today I received my current account, but I still have not received last months account.WHY ??????????I need to send my account in to my employers for refunds on company calls.I have to do this BEFORE the 5th of the following month.Can somebody PLEASE HELP??????
    e-mail: elspierre11@yahoo.com (0832387189)

7th of Jul, 2016

I agree MTN will try by all means reap where they did not saw. We work hard for ;our money for them to just steal it. Not acceptable.