Moveco.net / Careless Move, Poor Customer Service, False Advertisement

In August of 2007 we used Moveco.net (www.moveco.net) as we had received a package in the mail with great promises and raving customer reviews (they provided). Many claims can be found on their website including great customer service and an advertised claim of:

"In house policy to replace or repair anything we damage within reason (example: If Your TV is dropped down the stairs we will buy you a new one and if your dresser is scratched we will have it repaired.) "

Which can be found by navigating thier website under "about us" then "our insurance"

This gave us the percieved comfort that our items were being entrusted by a reputable company. What we found was this company was far from being reputable and we are currently having to resort to a small claims suit to resolve problems encountered during the move.

Techs arrive not in a moving truck but in an enclosed trailer pulled by a pick up truck. The tech are dressed in what they call company uniforms which are little more then a Tshirt and whatever other attire suits them. Right off the bat our first impressions were let's cancel this move and find someone else, which we would have if that was an option. The techs arrived and added additional extra charges and then offered to overlook those charges if we tip them well. During the move they often dropped things scratching wood pieces and eventually damaging our brand new refridgerator with large dents in the front. The techs were so careless and quick to move things that it seemed they were rushing the move so they could get to another one. When asked nicely to slow down be more careful they would often make rude comments. When we asked what the claim process was for the damaged goods the tech told us "what do you mean? It still works don't it?, I guess we can knock 150 bucks off the bill". Later he told us "good luck getting your fridge fixed call customer service and they will help you". We later called cust service and they told me to email the damaged pics to them and they would resolve. Days later they sent 2 guys that were supposed to fix the scratched up furniture pieces. These guys looked like they were from the bad part of town, you know the cheapest guys they could find to do the job, and a shotty job they did at best. Repeated calls to inquire about the refridgerator fix have gone unanswered. I would run not walk away from this company and spend a little extra money on reputable company and make sure to purchase extra insurance just to be safe. This company will not be careful with your posessions and certainly won't honor any (false) claims they have on thier website. I have moved 8 times previously and this was by far the worst experience I have had from beginning to end.

Comments

• Du
      12th of Nov, 2008

Moveco belives we can only make 95% of our customers happy. Moving is a stressful business, and you can not make every one happy. Below is a list of our standards. Our our website has over 300 positive comments. please go to www.moveco.net for all your moving needs.

When you are looking for a moving company here are some helpful things to consider.
    This is MoveCo.net’s standard. This is what sets MoveCo.net apart from the competition.
    We maintain an online feedback board for our customers to post their comments.
    We have guaranteed move prices.
    We have guaranteed pick up and delivery dates.
    Our customers have exclusive use of our trucks, we do one move at a time.
    Our fleet of trucks is tracked by GPS. We know where our trucks are at all times.
    We maintain a Texas Department of Transportation (TX DOT) registration number.
    We maintain a US Department of Transportation (US DOT) registration number
    We maintain membership in good standing with the Southwest Movers Association.
    We maintain membership in good standing with the American Moving and Storage Association.
    We maintain membership in good standing with the Better Business Bureau.
    We maintain membership in good standing with the chamber of commerce
    All of our drivers have at least 2 years experience (and many with much more).
    We maintain one million dollars worth of commercial auto liability insurance.
    We maintain two million dollars worth of General liability insurance.
    We maintain up to fifty thousand dollars worth of Cargo Insurance.
    We have an in house policy to Repair/Replace anything we damage, within reason.
    We maintain a $25, 000 Bond.
    We comply with all state advertising rules and regulations.
    We maintain and enforce an associate dress code.
    We conduct random drug tests on our associates.
    We maintain and enforce a formal associate conduct policy.
    We have conducted background searches on all our movers.
    We comply with all other state and federal regulatory requirements.
    We maintain late model trucks and moving equipment.
    We have Itemized prices -no hourly moves, you pay for what is done not "clock watchers"
    Upfront pricing you can go to our website and get an online itemized quote.

• Jl
      27th of Aug, 2009

Did you rectofy the situation and satisfy this customer that used your service and expected the standards mentioned in your list provided? Reason I am asking is because I have in my hand a peice of mail from your company, we do need to move and of course, I took it upon myself to not take your word for it and see what people have to say. See in my opinion, this customer could have mentioned all the things that happened and then stated that "Moveco. upheld to their standards, they fixed what needed to be fixed, repaired the damage they did, apologized for the misrepresentation by the drivers and equipment along with offering a discount to satisfy me as a customer" I don't hear satisfaction at all. I believe a company can strive to make 100% of their customers happy, if only 95% are then so be it but to already settle for less than 100% you aren't going to make 95% happy. Don't bother answering my initial question, my gut feeling tells me find someone else.