Motel 6 / motel 6 dania beach reservation process

Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States Review updated:

I had a reservation for two nights in the Motel6 (confirmation number:376MS47139) from the 3rd of November till the 5th of November.
When we arrived on the 3rd at 8 pm, Mike at the reception told us : we are fully booked! and we don t have a room for you !
We arrived from England and they left us without accommodation!
By the law they have to arrange alternative accommodation which they did not!
We had to book another hotel for two nights which cost us 421.8$( Motel6 cost was 190.9$), plus a Uber ride at 6.31$.
For this trouble the Motel6 put us through we had to pay extra 237$!
I am requesting the refund from Motel6 for my extra expenses of 237$ because Motel6 made a mistake with my reservation which means they should not have sold my room after it was confirmed and booked under my name!
Kind regards
Alexandre Flamencourt
Ps: here is my email: [protected]@hotmail.com to contact me for the answer. Thank you

Motel 6
Motel 6

Al
Nov 05, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 05, 2017

I'm not aware of the law, state or federal, that requires the motel to do so. Can you please provide the reference to this law? I'd like to sincerely look it up.

• Po
      Nov 05, 2017

@Shaun R. The user said they're from England. I wonder if this is a law there. Not that it isn't in Florida, just something I wonder.

• Po
      Nov 05, 2017

I could not find a law for the state of Florida that stated that hotels/motels are required to provide you with alternate accomodations, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If anything, all I could find was that these businesses (public lodging establishments) are legally allowed to refuse service to anyone as long as it is not based on race/gender/etc.

Regardless, it's likely that at most what they could offer you would be a discounted visit in the future. They can't refund you for money they didn't charge.